Slow Internet in Windows 10?

slow internet
@kaka135 (14066)
Malaysia
My old computer was broken down last month, then I purchase a new one which comes with Windows 10. I was still considering when I would upgrade to Windows 10, and now I don't need to make any decision. The new computer was working fine, but I found out the Internet connection is really slow, and sometimes it just suddenly cut off. I have yet to figure out how to solve the problem, but I am thinking this might be caused by Windows 10 or my new computer setting. I hope this will be fixed very soon, otherwise it isn't easy for me to work, especially downloading or uploading files. Are you using Windows 10? Do you have issues with the Internet connection?
I wish I could help. I have Windows 7 and 8 and those work good for me. I have heard many bad reviews for windows 10.
@kaka135 (14066)
I was using Windows 7 and it worked fine for me. I will go and check it out and hopefully I will be able to get it fixed. I heard many negative comments too, that's why I didn't want to upgrade first.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
I have been using Windows 10 since the pre release test build was issued and have no internet issues.
@kaka135 (14066)
Good that you don't have the Internet issue. I have to find out whether it's really related to Windows 10 as I have read many people having Internet issue with Windows 10.
My husband has issues but I don't think it is anything to do with Windows 10 but I guess it could be. I hadn't considered that.
I don't have this problem. Both of the Windows 10 works well in my laptop and desktop. The connection is fine.
@kaka135 (14066)
That's good. I finally found out it could be because I didn't update my network driver. I am still testing on it now, but it looks my Internet speed is faster now.
I do have windows 10 and do not have any Internet connection trouble. Have you contacted your provider?
Many are complaining about windows 10 but nothing about internet speed.
I have windows 10 and I have experienced, on occasion, a slow down. Not sure how to fix that.
• Havre De Grace, Maryland
i use widows 10 with no issues but I do have slow internet connection this is do to i need a upgrade. But im trying to find more online programs i can do to make more money to make the internet connection affordable
That sucks if the operating system itself is causing the slow down. I hope you get to find the answer soon. Can't you ask the store where you purchased the computer regarding that? We normally go back to where we bought our computers and their friendly technician would usually help us. If it's Windows 10 that causes it they would usually advise us not to use that. However, I have never used windows for 7 years already since I switched to Mac and haven't encountered any problems.
@Shiva49 (13734)
I think it maybe due to other reasons, maybe the settings are not in sync with Windows 10, or Wifi and modem settings. I have two laptops one with Windows 7 and another Windows 10 and internet speeds are similar - siva
It sounds to me it's the settings on the new computer. We had problems with the internet going out every 5 minutes on the dot then reconnecting and going out again five minutes later. A tech guy came and switched the settings on the computer to another channel so my neighbor and I wouldn't be on the same channel bogging each other's down.
@peachpurple (12758)
Mine is 7, if it cuts off, must be the setting at internet option
Solved Windows 10 WiFi connection keeps going on & off, disconnecting and dropping out problems in 2 steps: change power management; update wireless drivers
@Daelii (5780)
I am not 100% sure, but I don't think I am! How do you tell? My husband set up the computers!
@Mshafeeq (1557)
• Bangalore, India
I am using windows 10 and having no issues, it is working just perfect internet is good, high speed no interruption at all. may be you should check the cable.
@kanchan10 (3141)
• Kolkata, India
check with you internet service provider. cause may be there.
@cttolledo (5052)
Yes I am using windows 10 so far I don't have issue in my internet.