Where is a cop when you need one!

On the way to my fiancés house at a 4 way stop sign, I was heading across (straight ahead). I made a complete stop, then was about to proceed until a car from my left rolled his stopped and turned left (straight ahead same direction as I was). I shook my head and he proceeded - instead of turning ahead, he was not paying attention & turned into the opposite lane, almost running into the curb / bush (behind someones house). He immediately stopped, while I proceeding straight ahead. He had to reverse and continue straight also. I ended up taking a different route & we both reunited again. He kept rolling or barely stopping at every stop sign, literally there were 5! The street often has cops on weekdays giving out tickets (not so much weekends) so this guy was lucky. I don't get what the rush is. I made complete stops at all stop signs and made it the same time as he did. Not worth rushing, if only people had common sense.
@ricki_911 (17919)
• Toronto, Ontario
It's always when a cop isnt around. The other day i stopped at a 4 way. Full stop then a car looked like it waa going pretty fast so i slowly pulled out . Half way through the intersection. Lady stopped bug rolles and fhen drove around the front of my car and keptndriving.
That has happened to me also. Sometimes I proceed half way slow down just encase and the car just zooms by. I don’t know if they’re new in the area and not notice the stop sign or simply don’t want to stop.
@ricki_911 (17919)
• Toronto, Ontario
@infatuatedbby But if they can't see the stop sign!! If iam driving on a road i have never been then i drive slow.
@ricki_911 Same here, but who knows what people are thinking. I hope it isn't purposely, but in my experience today the man purposely did so because all the stop lights he ran them or rolled them.
Most people who do that have no common sense.
Yes lots of many people lack common sense!
@mandala100 (25948)
@infatuatedbby Some drivers are simply careless or negligent and those kind of drivers ought not to have a driver's license in the first place my friend.
Yeah if only they knew they were bad drivers.
@MsBooklover (2364)
I tried to like this discussion, but it would not work. People like this need driver education and to see what happens when they cause serious accidents.
That's okay, it happens to me at times where I can't like. But I have likes disabled because I get a lot of notifications. Yeah, they could save lives. This is not the main street but I cannot imagine how they drive on the freeway.
@infatuatedbby That is so scary.
@MsBooklover It really is.
@moffittjc (36892)
• Gainesville, Florida
I notice the same thing just about every day during the evening rush hour when I'm headed home from work. Inevitably, there's always one idiot who is trying to weave in and out of traffic like he/she is going to be able to go faster than the flow of rush hour traffic. I laugh as I watch them try to weave in and out of traffic to go faster/get farther ahead, and I just drive safely and at a slower speed and I always still end up in the same place at the same time as the crazy person trying to drive like a bat out of hell.
Totally. I don't know if they think they're going faster or its so they're more alert when driving (making it "fun" to them) or what. It is so stupid, and not worth it.
@edevis18 (245)
• Maracaibo, Venezuela
A police officer never appears when it is needed most. :-(
Yes I know what you mean!
That's the thing - the cops won't catch everything out there. Yep - there's no sense rushing - what's a few seconds to make sure you're obeying the rules/laws so everyone stays safe - including yourself, right? Speaking of which, I haven't written a post - but my car was hit on Wednesday night .
When you need a cop they're not there. When you don't, theres so many. He didn't even go any faster just a car ahead instead of behind me. Oh no, are you ok? I hope everything is okay. Or, was it hit parked?
@infatuatedbby Seriously, it's hit or miss with a cop being there at the right time. I'm sure a lot of people getaway with a lot of things on the road because of that! We're ok - it was the other lady's fault completely. I was stopped at a red light, and she came from no where and sort of side swiped the car from the left lane - and instead of turning left on the green arrow, she turned right! Car is in the shop and I'm driving a rental - it's just a hassle.
@much2say Yes it sure is - a hit or miss with the cops being present at the right time. Once there was a super speedy car and no cop around. A few seconds later a cop is around but didn't see the speeding car. and he was speeding literally like as if it was the freeway, so dangerous when it was 45 zone. We're okay, so it was you and your kids in the car also? I'm sorry to hear. Do you feel alright? Yeah it is a hassle to deal with + insurance too.
• Pamplona, Spain
Drivers like him are all over the place and I only have to go outside of here to see them on the main road they are always doing silly things and yet no one seems to bother or stop them and I never see any Police about either except when they stop you themselves and its always because you drive well mainly. Here they love to speed and they know the Cameras are there but they still keep doing it.
Usually there are police on this road, but on weekends not so much. We have camera traffic lights but many are removed now.
• Pamplona, Spain
@infatuatedbby A lot of crazy drivers use that Road out there and you cannot even cross it like you used to do before as they have put an overtake sign almost right where we live. You take your life into your hands just to even try crossing there and as soon as they see you on the road they go even faster.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I would be really scared to cross the street in foreign countries let alone drive!
That is scary he could have easily caused an accident. I count to three when I get to a stop sign.
I make a complete stop, look both ways then proceed. I don't get why people are in such a hurry.
Some people just arn't very smart my friend.
Not at all. He should really make complete stops. Save lives!
Careless driving is on the uptake.
It happens so often now a days.
Oh my goodness. What a danger to everyone around him. I hope he gets a ticket or they catch up with him later. Am glad you are safe though.
I hope so in the future also. He needs to learn a lesson!
@sunrisefan (16698)
Seems like a case of drunken driving :)
Could be! He was sipping on something
@sunrisefan (16698)
@infatuatedbby That's another possibility :)
@sunrisefan it was in a metal container I’d assume it’s coffee but who knows !!
@Srbageldog (6618)
So many drivers are reckless nowadays. I hate when people pull this kind of crap.
Yea, same here. It makes no sense to rush when you're not getting far , gosh! Not worth it, don't they have common sense?
@infatuatedbby Apparently not. I think people in general are getting dumber and dumber..."common sense" really isn't all that common anymore.
@Srbageldog Yup, you got that right. I don't know where people learn from now a days.
@Gillygirl (16080)
• Sutton, England
There are some idiot drivers on the road. Despite using mobile phones being outlawed whilst driving some people still use them and cause accidents. Motorways are a nightmare when people change lanes abruptly.
Oh yes, I still see people use their phones without bluetooth and just hold them like it's nothing.
@Gillygirl (16080)
• Sutton, England
@infatuatedbby It's so dangerous and there are still fools who have one too many drinks but will still risk driving.
@Gillygirl Now a days there should be no excuse since there are Lyft/Uber here and of course Taxi cabs
@alberello75 (13713)
• Genova, Italy
I can understand Unfortunately, many people lack common sense.
Yes that is true.
@alberello75 (13713)
• Genova, Italy
@infatuatedbby Indeed. Even in my city, things are not different!
@alberello75 Yeah I think everywhere there are people who lack common sense.
Sadly they aren't around when they should be.
I know! Theres always cops on that road too but during weekdays mostly.
@minx267 (11158)
• Hartford, Connecticut
Sadkly in my town I have people driving like that all the time.. I have to always drive defensively - even if everything looks okay.. because you don't know who might be coming the other way and run that red light.. I see it almost on a daily basis .
So dangerous out there and everywhere, be safe
@ebanreb (5070)
Still there are people who are really stubborn and law breakers.
Yep happens everywhere.
@nanette64 (14752)
• Fairfield, Texas
He was either an idiot or drunk or both @infatuatedbby . I'm just glad you didn't get hurt because of him.
Thank you. I'm glad I am safe too. He was sipping on a drink so hopefully it was at least coffee, no idea. Metal container, who knows what was in it. But it was broad daylight around 10AM.