Making lasagna on a cold winter afternoon

The house is quiet and I have nothing to do so I have decided that it is time to start cooking! I am going to make a lasagna. It is Chowhound's "Dish of the Month" and I haven't made one in quite awhile. Normally I make one loaded with meat and lots of ricotta, but the version that I am making today is a much lighter lasagna. It has a bechamel sauce, a tomato sauce, and a wonderfully creamy pesto sauce. It is from a cookbook called The Herbal Kitchen. I honestly keep the book around only for this lasagna recipe. Because I have to make the tomato, bechamel, and pesto sauces, it is time-consuming to prepare, but that's what I have in abundance today: time. My husband is going out to watch football in a little bit and I have zero desire to join him. I'm just going to stay home and cook instead.
Did you know that a couple celebrating any wedding anniversary on or after their 50th is entitled to a greeting from the president ? Hot dog...
Someone is going to have a tasty dinner!
me me me me me!
So glad you have the time to do this!!! It will be delicious and worth all the effort.
I just finished assembling it. The whole thing took me just over 2 hours to do. Not too bad.
Yummy! Glad you are able to make this today. I think much better to stay home and cook as this is extremely tasting looking!
It is delicious!
From the description, it sounds extremely tasty.
It is really a great one. My husband doesn't love it because it doesn't have any meat in it. I like it, though, precisely for that reason. It is light and the pesto-bechamel sauce gives it a wonderful basil flavor.
enjoy the cooking there.Sounds great.
Yeah this is a good one.
I hope you enjoy it! =)
I'm looking forward to it!
@Chellezhere (1393)
I'll be right over. I love lasagna.
Come on over!