Observations

I have noticed that my posts get little response. I don't post to post. I am trying to get actual, suggestions, feedback, and perspectives. I've notice the "hot" posts aren't anything that interesting. Maybe its a popularity thing with MyLot? If you have a lot of friends then the more people respond? Who knows. I just like to post to get some insight. Its not about racking up 10 cents a day.
@aureliah (16873)
It happens but the more you are here, the more friends you make, the more you respond to other people's discussions the more responses you will get. Don't despair
@xstitcher (11839)
• Petaluma, California
Yes, @aureliah said pretty much what I was thinking.
Makes sense haha.
@aureliah (16873)
Don't worry if you stay long enough, they might take a notice and respond with you as well. There's not much of us here anyways, I'm sure they will take notice of you. If they have the time.
Understood :)
Hmmm...well, I don't respond to something just because a 'friend' wrote it, I respond because I have something to say. The 'hot' and 'top rated' posts must have something interesting to some people, whether they interest you (or me) or not. I just cruise/scroll through the 'Most Recent Discussions' list and don't bother with the others much. If I see one and have something to say, I say it...if I don't, I keep scrolling. I guess some of those likely wind up near or at the top of some of those lists, but I'm not responding just because they are a 'friend'.
I do the same way as JJ here, I read and respond to only the posts that i have an interest in. First, we do not have all the same tastes. This is a place for fun, not for literacy contests.
@marlina Understood. But when I post genuinely asking about weight loss, and get few responses. Then someone posts a similar discussion a few days later and gets several more responses..I guess that's what I am trying to understand. I am not in a contest. Its not about that. I generally want to talk.
@taciaelisepeace I see your point, but myself, I wouldn't have responded to either because I wouldn't have anything to say about the topic.
@dpk262006 (56225)
Meaningful responses, even if less in numbers are more important than meaningless large number of responses, this is what I believe.
I agree. I typically don't respond to meaningless responses on my own discussion. I typically put thought and effort into my responses on others.
@dpk262006 (56225)
@taciaelisepeace It is good that you try to respond in a logical manner.
@Gillygirl (17342)
• Sutton, England
Don't be down hearted about it. I see you joined 13 days ago. It took me a while to get any decent amount of responses to my posts when I first joined. It takes time to build up friendships. I see you have responded to a lot of posts. You'll soon get to learn who will come and visit you too.
I'm not necessarily down. Just noticing. Im here to chat, and have many things I would love to talk about! But thanks for the info.
@Mshafeeq (1557)
• Bangalore, India
That's right similar views here but one thing I have learnt is you interact much you get good response by knowing people for a while you can be good friends too. So keep posting its not about 10 cents either. Hope you understand.
It needs some time until you've made a name for yourself so-to-speak. Go on Liking and Commenting on other members' posts and you'll soon have a circle of friends.
Good to know!