What are you having for lunch on this dreary Sunday?

Pleasant Hill, California
I'm sitting at my desk. I need to write a syllabus. I need to write a short bio of myself for the preschool staff wall. I need to throw out old papers and other useless stuff that's taking up space here. I need to cycle, and try to get my girlish figure back. But all I can do is sit and marvel at how dreary it is outside. It's cloudy. It's not raining. It's 55 F out (about 13 C). Not very motivating. Maybe another cup of coffee. Maybe a shot of Vodka. Maybe lunch. OK, I'm making lunch. It looks like airplane food. It's trader Joe's Lamb Vindaloo. It tastes really good All I've added is tomatoes for color and taste contrast, and olive oil, because I've read that olive oil is good for you. How is your motivation on this dreary Sunday? And of course, what are you having for lunch? Can you give me some words of wisdom to get me motivated? And is olive oil really good for you?
Pizza rolls 'n potato chips...cheddar cheese chips I'm vegetating as I watch a few movies...well, not really eating vegetables...but I guess potatoes are...but yeah...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Pizza rolls and chips are important food groups. And you have tomatoes and potatoes covered. And dairy for protein.
Potatoes don’t count as vegetables! You need to eat something GREEN!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@NJChicaa Margueritas are green.
Next weeks Herb class will talk about olive oil benefits, but yes, good olive oil is good for you. Not the kind that is the last press, sometimes called Pomace or labeled as "pure olive oil". My lunch, and supper both consisted of a new soup recipe. It had a little ground turkey and three kinds of beans and onions, garlic, taco seasoning and powdered ranch dressing mix. We had lightly lime flavored tortilla chips along with it. I got the recipe from a friend on the internet. It gets a thumbs up and goes into my permanent repertoire. It was my innovation to add the onions and garlic.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I add onions and garlic to many things I make.
@bagarad (12653)
• Paso Robles, California
Sounds yummy!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@bagarad Probably healthy too.
I will have peanut butter on something most likely. Now after lunch, you have to plan dinner.
• Pleasant Hill, California
You had to remind me, didn't you?
@FourWalls (14693)
Things were going swimmingly as I prepared for our conference in Florida next week....then my brother called and said our dad is in the hospital. It was a pretty day...to look at from the inside of a nice, warm home with a cup of hot tea (I’m drinking glazed lemon loaf tea right now) in tow. It was only in the mid-20s out there. PS — those tomatoes look good!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Is your dad going to be OK?
@FourWalls (14693)
@TheHorse — we don’t know just yet. He fell inside (not like I did three years ago, outside in the snow). He has dementia and a lot of other ailments, but he won’t take his medications or good care of himself.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@FourWalls Is there someone there to "remind" him to take his meds and otherwise take care of himself. Both by friend's dad and my 94-year-old Auntie have people there to "attend" to them.
@edevis18 (270)
• Medellin, Colombia
Greetings friend. Also cooking rice, it seems to be a good trend for this Sunday. Success, motivation is always important.
• Pleasant Hill, California
My young neighbor friend came over and is motivating me to throw out old papers and vacuum up dusty areas.
I know what I am having in a few minutes.tomato with salt. I had a sandwich a short while ago. well half anyway.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like tomato with salt. And pepper.
@Icydoll (23565)
That's awesome lunch...looks yummy
• Pleasant Hill, California
It was good. Now I have to think about dinner.
I went to get diabetic supplies, in case it does snow here because I do not drive in snow. So I skipped lunch and went for an early dinner at Captain D`s, I had 12 piece shrimp meal, fried and slaw. It was good.
You have some nice meals - or at least they always look good in the photo. No words of wisdom I'm afraid. You'll just have to motivate yourself.
Good motivation. I had some Fig Newtons for lunch. "Energy begets energy." I think olive oil has a lot of hype to it.
Olive oil is very good for you and garlic.We have bright sunny day.But freezing.very cold.I will swap there. Do not be too hard on your self there.
@bagarad (12653)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm very motivated on these gray days. On sunny days I want to be out walking or gardening now that I'm pretty much well. I'm smelling the sweet potato in the oven which is probably done now. I have to go test it. When my husband gets home from buying his alkaline water at Trader Joe's, I'll cook the salmon that's been marinating and the broccoli and heat the rice. That's what we are having. It's a normal Sunday meal, but our being sick has kept us from having it for the last three weeks.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That sounds pretty yummy! Paso Robles? I'll hop in my Lear Jet and be there in time for dinner. I'll bring an older Cab that should be good. Or maybe (for salmon) a Chard.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@bagarad Can I interest you in a banana smoothie? I'm really stoked abut my (almost) new $15 blender.
@bagarad (12653)
• Paso Robles, California
@TheHorse 've never been into smoothies. I've always preferred to use my blender for milkshakes, though I don't use it to make any drinks much anymore. I'm more into eating my fruits whole.
Olive oil is very good for you. Your lunch looks good. I'll be having turkey and maybe potatoes to go with it. Words of wisdom to get you motivated - Just do it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh.That's what I did. And my young friend came over to motivate me. He helped me with goal-setting in terms of pounds.
@TheHorse Awesome!
We are out for football. I was in the mood for chicken fingers so that’s what I got.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Football? Oh snap! I better check the scores.
Read or re-read this piece of wisdom and you'll feel better:
Researchers agree upon Minoan Crete (Crete is a Greek island in the Mediterranean Sea) as the first place to engage in full-scale cultivation of olives and that...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks. I did.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I worked until 330 so had lunch really late, I had some Pork Potstickers and a bagel and cream cheese.
We cook with olive oil often. I've always heard that it was good for us.
@LeaPea2417 (21594)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I am getting ready to eat a piece of leftover pizza from last night's take out.
@Shiva49 (13805)
Even teachers lack motivation as I just read one student feeling under the weather! My lunch is vegetarian fare cooked by my wife. We use coconut oil for cooking mostly. I know the weather can be a dampener but once you are in school the children should pep up your mood - siva
Olive oil surely is good for us, as well as tomatoes. Yesterday I made gnocchi from scratch. I had prepared a rich tomato sauce and I decided to make gnocchi.