Trip Update

Now, I am going to give updates about my trip yesterday to one of our provinces here in my place. We left at 4 am and arrived in the province at 6 am since the place is really far. When we arrived, it still rained. My prayers were really not that effective I guess, but I am still glad because it wasn't that heavy anymore unlike what we had experienced while we are still on our way. So once we reached the place we then ate our breakfast straight. After eating our meal, I excitedly get my phone and took lots of pictures from all the beautiful sight I am seeing eveywhere. There were lots of trees and a scenic view of a how a province really is. There were chickens, cows and carabaos everywhere. It is so seldom for me to see trees, mountains, and animals like these since I live in the City all my life so I admit I was a bit ignorant. lol. So long story short, we decided to go to a stream somewhere. I soaked myself in the fresh water along with the kids. Boy it was fun! I was so amazed with the beauty of nature that I even get a "panghilud / lugod" as a souvenir back home. It is a stone that is used in scrubbing out dirt from the skin during bathing. It is widely used by Filipinos back in the old days unlike now that we already used loofah. Okay so that would be all my friends and I hope you all have a nice day. =)
@ilocosboy (35793)
that is a very enjoyable trip you have there, and sounds like you went to a rural province just like our place. Where did you go?
We went to Ginatilan. Yes it is a rural place. I love it's surroundings and the people were very friendly. If you are from a rural province then I am certain that your place looks like the place I have visited. Are there corn fields as well? streams? rivers?
@ilocosboy omg! I bet your place is awesome too.!
@ilocosboy (35793)
The best therapy for me
@bunnybon7 (37156)
• Holiday, Florida
yes it does seem exciting for us city girls to get out in the nature at times. been on such a nice trip myself many times
glad you've enjoyed yourself that much. =)
so lucky to experience the beauty of nature
I am indeed lucky. I hope you get to experience it too.
Hello @sw8sincere I would like to see the picture of the souvenir of yours, but at least you got something from the trip.
Hello there. Sure I will try to upload. Thanks
@sw8sincere it's been a week now hehe
@Letranknight2015 hahaha I'm sorry I was so into reading and commenting posts that I forgot I still have to upload a photo on my discussion. Anyway, thank you for reminding me. It shall be served in a minute my friend. Stay tuned.
@hereandthere (32491)
eating a big breakfast would be my first thought after getting up that early. so it was just a day trip? hope to see some pics. i think panghilod is called pumice stone.
Yes it was just a day trip. I hope I could share you the pictures but it is not possible here. I also tried to edit my discussion in here to post a pic but it is not working no matter how I resize my photo.
@sw8sincere the file size has to be 3mb or less. you can do it even on ms office picture manager.
• Midland, Michigan
I wondered if it might be a pumice Stone. That's something we own to smooth out feet. We don't use it anywhere else on our bodies though.
@ridingbet (57758)
that is what we get also when we bathe in the rivers. and now, we have many stones to scrub the dirt off our skin.
hehe I guess it is very common for Filipinos to look for pumice stones when we go to rivers / streams.
@ridingbet (57758)
@sw8sincere yes, we are not Filipinos if we don't find one for ourselves. we have 3 that are already ages old. a decade.
@Debscrochet (1093)
Glad you had a nice time
Thank you
• Trinidad And Tobago
Nice trip, but where exactly did you visit?
thank you. I've been to Ginatilan province part of Cebu,City. =)
• Trinidad And Tobago
@sw8sincere Good Lord. Never heard of it! And where is that? Are you still in the Philippines? And is your trip business or just vacationing?
@Gita17112016 It's somewhere in the southern part of Cebu and yes, I am still in the Philippines. =) I went there for a vacation.
It sounds wonderful. I can understand how the beauty of that place makes you so happy.
Thank you. It surely was fun! Have you been into any rivers or stream before? The stream is what I enjoyed the most on our trip. =)
@sw8sincere Yes, in Idaho we camped by a beautiful stream for a couple of days. One of my shoes fell into the stream, and I had to chase it down and use a stick to get it.
@misunderstood_zombie hehe well, that was a fun experienced too. I'm glad you experienced the same.
@suni51 (2989)
I think you did not mention the name of the province in your topic but I think the place is not in Baguio City of your country. The place looks beautiful and worth visiting. By the way I live in Himalayan Area so I get to see a number of good places too often.
Yeah im sorry about that. The place is called Ginatilan province. Glad you get to go to Himalayan area too
@suni51 (2989)
@sw8sincere I live close by right under the Himalayas!
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
Tell me About it, Live in California. Know exactly what you mean. I miss real nature and a bit tired of the concrete jungle.
• Redlands, California
@sw8sincere Amen, let me come visit.
Interesting picture you posted. Glad you could see something that was not the city for a change.
yes. it's always nice to go to a province every once in awhile to unwind. =)
@sw8sincere Yes,one needs to unwind and glad you got to.
wow sounds like a nice place to visit. is that you on the pic runniing lol?
yes it is indeed a nice place and no,it was not me hehe.. I was the one who took that photo by the way =)
@sw8sincere okay. i missed staying in a province. maybe if i retired i will live somewhere in visayas
I'm so happy you enjoyed your trip to the countryside and experienced nature.
Thank you. Same here, I even plan to go back there soon.
@sw8sincere I hope you do!
Where is this place you went to? It would have been so nice if you have attached pictures of that nice place specially the stream where all of you took a dip.
The place is in Ginatilan Cebu. Yeah i know i should have done that. I am still struggling to post photos until now. I have been using my phone in transferring photos thats why and I can't seem to get through it.
@sw8sincere Then post through your phone.
@xstitcher (12190)
• Petaluma, California
Sounds like you had a nice time.
Hi my friend, I did. =) thanks.
The wonders of the countryside are the same for people all over the world. I am so glad you enjoyed your day out.
Exactly my friend and thank you
Keep enjoying your trip.
Thanks my friend
@sol_cee (16889)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Which province?
in south province here in Cebu.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
People, especially senior citizens have that stone for scrubbing the skin during bathing here in Nigeria.
i'm glad to know it was also being used in your country =)