New Years Resolutions

By Erin
Why do we do it? Every year we think about what we want to do in the new year, and most times we set up a goal only by mid-Jan to March we stop following through. Well for the most part anyway. There are some of us that set one and stick with it, but how do you decide what your goal will be and will it be attainable long term?
@aureliah (17982)
• Kenya
It just happens. Of all my resolutions, the financial related ones are the only ones I follow.
I make goals, but don't ever call them resolutions. My goal this year is to start my own business. I am tired of having to work for other people lol.
@aureliah (17982)
• Kenya
@Erilyn26 Thats a very nice goal and when you put the effort and you are focused, you will manage. Pray for it too. All the best
• Kathmandu, Nepal
I have not many goals for this year . But hope iam able to study in foreign countries for my masters degree.
That would be awesome. I would love to be able to travel more.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Well, resolutions? Yeah, everybody keep them for the attainment of good but mostly 90% of them forget or care nothing about such resolutions. About six to seven percentage don't get the resolutions. Other 4 of them are very dedicated but only 2% of them all attain their resolution. Well, this is not the report of something. It is my personal opinion and report. Thank you!
Yeah, that's what I have noticed. I just wondered why we still do it.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
@Erilyn26 That's great!Best of luck for that !!!
@Icydoll (23536)
I never set goals.to change oneself that particular moment is enough...no need of new year resolutions..
I love that attitude it is awesome!
I think a lot of people make unrealistic goals. But not everyone does.
I have to totally agree with that. It just seems to me though that "most" People tend to go off the deep end with them. I wonder if it has to do with the "instant" mentality that people have nowadays.
@dodoazo (21035)
Resolutions for what? It is easier to write but hard to do them. Some people are doing that but in the long run they forget what they are ought to resolve for the year. It is better to do what is right whenever it is possible and than to plan it out by not working with it.