How Many Members Are Online On MyLot?.

@kavinitu (5033)
I wish there was an option that could figure out exactly how many members are Online On MyLot. It might be useful to know how many are Online at what hours. This is just a curiosity that came to my mind and though of sharing and knowing would it be worth if there was an option like that? @GoAskAlice What Say. Image Credit: Pixabay
I fully agree with @Asylum and anyway I do not care to see who is active. They will read my comments when they are active.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
This is the real benefit of online conversations.
@Asylum When I check the notifications in the morning I reply also to people who are not online. It's not a big problem to know who are the active members. If they are sleeping, they will come later and find a notification.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
@LadyDuck Hat is the whole idea of this kind of medium.
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
You could probably make a fair estimate of when specific members tend to be online by checking their recent activity, but it would be laborious.
@kavinitu (5033)
I go through the way you suggested and it is certainly the only way right now. But as you said it's a little laborious so I thought of this
@Asylum (48273)
• Manchester, England
@kavinitu I agree, it is not an easy way.
@Asylum It would be much easier to just glance at the main 'Most Recent Activity' list
@cahaya1983 (10043)
I can't tell and I'm not sure if anyone can but I usually have an idea when I see the recently active members on Recent Activity.
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah I also do the same nowadays, go through the recent activity
I see you got an answer from GoAskAlex_Admin. Even I didn't know that.
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah she has responded and lets see how they work on it
To see who is on mylot just go to recent activity and recent discussions.
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah currently it's that way only, but a live stat running beside would be of much convince
wow I would like to see this feature too! i wish there's a tab where we can see how many online
@kavinitu (5033)
Cool! It would be really great to have an option like that
@kavinitu yeaaah so that we have a better idea how many mylotters online in the same time ehehe
@kavinitu (5033)
@dekkukkslimetalon You got me right
That would be cool, and to know how many posts are posted per day or hour.
@kavinitu (5033)
Thanks for the support, and it would certainly be much exciting to know how many posts are posted per day or hour
You can check how many posts are made per day by checking the numbers on each post...this one is #3145987.,..then scroll back on the 'Most Recent Discussion' list 24 hours, check that post number, and do the math. It runs between 300-350 per day usually.
@kavinitu (5033)
@JolietJake Thanks JJ that's really a nice suggestion
@Mshafeeq (1568)
• Bangalore, India
That is a good idea and even we cannot see notification until we login and check. Can it be like application instead of going for website all the time.
@kavinitu (5033)
You are suggesting an application for MyLot? That might come into existence later
@Mshafeeq (1568)
• Bangalore, India
@kavinitu yes. It might come in later time.
@kavinitu (5033)
@Mshafeeq Yeah may be it might
@sjvg1976 (18368)
I guess there was an option in old Mylot when one might see the total number of members online at a time.
@kavinitu (5033)
Thank You Sanjeev, that is a valuable information you provided because If it was earlier then it would be easier to re design it once again
@carebear29 (28625)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
there are thousands of people here
@kavinitu (5033)
Yes dear, I just wanted to know how many of all those thousands are active at a the current moment
@GoAskAlice (4330)
I guess it depends on how you define "active". If you mean members who post regularly, that's a tough question to answer, as I don't think there are any stats collected in our data base with regards to that. I could get a running tally of how many members we have in general. I might even be able to get a tally of how many have posted with in a given time frame (much less likely)
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah my request is for the Stats of Members Online at the present Moment. In addition if anything else also could be provided will be more interesting. Thank You for your concern to my request
Most people do not stay here alll day.I do not.I have other things to do beside this.
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah it's not of individual status it's how many are online at the current moment, overall members active on MyLot at the moment
@Starla_9 (261)
I’m guessing a lot! Be interesting to know actually....
@kavinitu (5033)
Cool you also agree with me, nice to read that many would like to
@Icydoll (22502)
Mmm it's good to know how many users are active...some active users are already seen in most recent discussions
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah it's that way to find out active users right now.
I'd like that, too.
@kavinitu (5033)
Thank You for supporting my suggestion
@aureliah (16849)
Maybe the admins are working on such things. Lets hope so
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah had a reply from the admin on this, she has forwarded it to the concern department
@aureliah (16849)
@kavinitu Great if they have fowarded it to the concerned department
@kavinitu (5033)
@aureliah Yeah lets see whats coming
• Cuddalore, India
It can be considered
@kavinitu (5033)
Thanks for the vote
• Cuddalore, India
@kavinitu i think it would be around 1000 to 1500 people .but i am not sure just guessing
@kavinitu (5033)
@Lignitecityabishek96 I also think that would be the figure
@dpk262006 (56217)
As of now there is no direct way to know who is active on mylot on a particular point of time. It might help if we come to know who is online, at a particular point of time. I am here during day time on working days only.
@kavinitu (5033)
Yeah it would be of an advantage to know what is the exact time of the the 24 hrs that there are people around here and in what figure.
@dpk262006 (56217)
@kavinitu Yes, if it becomes a reality, then it will help a lot.
@kavinitu (5033)
@dpk262006 Yeah hope so that feature comes alive soon
I don't see the point.
@kavinitu (5033)
I guess so or else it would have been live after the admin said it was put forward.
@hereandthere (31895)
so, for example, if you logged into mylot and see that only 5 mylotters are also online, are you only going to interact with those 5 members? what if their discussions don't interest you, or you have nothing to contribute? is that what you mean by being useful? if so, then are you going to ignore the discussions started by those who are offline because they're asleep, at work, in school, doing housework, caring for family members, running errands, etc?
@kavinitu (5033)
The site wont survive with that less figure you mentioned so its obvious there are much or should I say to much at a certain time and its not necessary that each time I log in there will be less I log in many times of the day so its obvious that some or the other time the count must be high. And I even interact if the post do not interest me at times, but yes I don't reply to posts which I have no clue of what to reply or posts that I don't understand at times. And the figure I am requesting is not for displaying people online or offline so its never a question that if the person is offline I will ignore their post and only reply to those who are online that would bias. See now also I am replying to post of users that are not active because the posts are of hours ago.