are you rude to people in youre house?

here's what happened, i was at the bathroom when my mom suddenly opened my door even without knocking. do you think its right? even if this is her house, though shes not living here anymore because she's settled in UK. shes only visiting her house but i just felt how arrogant she become especially now she's earning high and a british citizen, she doesnt know how to respect me. doesnt even bother to knock. i didnt talked to her anymore because she will get mad, i just pushed the door back when she tried to open it saying she needs a bathroom desperately but because she annoyed i let her wait for a bit longer. for some parents here, do you treat youre children like that considering its youre house where she is? no respect for privacy, i dont know why i have a mom like this.
So, you're telling me they're attitude change since they started working in UK? Maybe you should learn to lock the door who ever is trying to get in. My mom does that most of them time, going in with knocking first
they have a bit of attitude even before getting a chance to go in UK but that triggers more when theyre already there in UK. they are college graduate and were able to pursue the careers they wanted.
yeah i need to just lock the door, seems i'm helpless and got no choice at the moment.
@Strawberry18 maybe that was just an isolated incident, perhaps they got attitudes you still appreciate?
@Theresaaiza (10484)
Almost reminds me of a friend in almost exactly the same situation as you. She would simply hold her tongue because she doesn't want to bite the hand that's feeding her. Her sister's attitude has even gotten worse because of her current status as a Canadian citizen, always looking down on a little helpless Filipina such as her. She's made bad decisions in the past, hence, her dependence on her sister abroad. That seemed to have given the Canadian sister the right to walk all over her younger sister but this really shouldn't be the case. Respect should be given regardless of social status but unfortunately, some people are full of themselves and some people allow the abuse. Next time, lock the door. And if I were you, I will try to better myself so I can get out of this co-dependent relationship which is their control over me.
Im older than my sister but she acts like shes older and better than me because of her higher status in life.
@Theresaaiza (10484)
@Strawberry18 Just stay humble, and keep making goals for yourself. But you should have boundaries as well. When they've crossed that boundary, you must speak out. Just because they are supporting you, doesn't earn them the right to treat you like trash.
@Theresaaiza yeah i know what you mean
@mezvinsky (409)
• Abuja, Nigeria
Why will you be rude to your fellow human being for goodness sake?? Be kind to all folks.
yeah it should be but you know we cant hold their attitude, thats who they are.
• Abuja, Nigeria
@Strawberry18 that is it, they will always like to show it on daily basis.
If I was bathing and she had to pee, sure that is fine wth me. If I was already on the toilet I would hurry
ok so its ok with you if she didnt knock? im asking because maybe i'm just not open/aware to other scenario and that i feel its too much for me
I would not come in without knocking, but have your mother and sister always acted this way?
theyre always waiting for me to wash their plates/cutleries/glasses for them, and give me a bad look if i didnt cooked their food in the morning. they pay for me and my daughers expenses/foods here so i still do the chores/foods for them in the morning in return then they do a few for the rest of the days. its just this incident not knocking on the door really pissed me inside. they did a lot of annoying things to me.
did it e ver dawn on you she is elderly and she really needed dto go so she was jurting? respect goes both ways
theyre really rude even my sister. theyre both working in UK. but theyre only here for 2weeks though
i'm only rude if they started it..or keep bugging me about nonsense and leaving me a mess.i always tell people i got kids over 50..
• Kathmandu, Nepal
I don’t like being rude but sometimes,yeah I become’! I feel sorry after I’ve made such mistakes!
@franxav (5434)
It's not in my nature to be rude to anyone.
@sallypup (28055)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Talking to her about how she makes you feel won't help?