Arctic Blast Is Moving Through

Greetings to everyone in Mylot. I hope that you are all doing well. Mississippi is experiencing another round of snow. At the moment we only have very light flurries. If you blink you will miss them. They say we have an Arctic Blast coming and have cancelled our schools. My son is delighted to have a 5 day weekend. He had yesterday off for Martin Luther King Day and on fridays he doesn't have class. The conditions outside now seem so mild that it looks like they may have panicked shutting everything down. I need to check on the current weather forecast. If the weather does take a turn for the worse we are prepared. How are things in your neck of the woods ?
We have a gray day today - still in the 70s - but I wish it would rain!
I hope that you get your rain. It is very gloomy and dark and we have light snow.
The weather is mild here. Stay safe and warm.
We are warm and toasty and getting ready to have a brunch
I am sure your son is happy to have a long weekend. I hope they are wrong about the Arctic Blast, it is still pretty warm here.
Actually the schools are closed again today. We got about an inch of snow, but the ice is the main problem.
@Tampa_girl7 The snow is bad, but the ice is a serious problem, be careful, stay home if you can.
@LadyDuck everything is melting now.
A 5 day weekend is awesome for him. We are having snow flurries right now but my house is warm so I’m happy.
He now will have a six day weekend.
@Tampa_girl7 wow very lucky! My daughter so far has a two hour delay. I think it will be cancelled though.
@Platespinner (17062)
We're expecting snow overnight. We shall see if the college students classes are cancelled tomorrow. I suspect they will be.
They are canceling classes again tomorrow.
@Tampa_girl7 They didn't cancel classes for my children until after it started snowing early this morning. They're enjoying a chance to catch up on homework!
@yugocean (8839)
It is really not good, but global warming has its effect.World have to stop playing with nature.
Very true
We are still freezing here.
It's pretty cold here too.
we're expecting snow later today so they closed the schools early. Can't even imagine what will hit our area but so far this winter is too cold for me
It has been a cold one here too
@Starla_9 (261)
Here in the uk it’s been snowy on and off all day, but we do have more through the night in my city and tommorow to. It’s the fact that it’s also so cold and very icy out and dangerous under foot. I do actually like it though. Winter is my favourite season.
I also love seeing the snow
The local weatherman said we would have one storm come through and then another. Several in the next few days.
We're having light rain and drizzle too. We have outside stuff we need to do so I hope it clears up soon.
My goodness. I hope its not too bad. Here it has been below zero all week but is supposed to warm up to highs in the 20s tomorrow.
I know being in the south, you shut everything down when it snows. I didn't realize that Arctic blast was so far south. Today we have sun after yesterday's snow event.
That has happened here before: preemptive canceling of school only for no snow or ice to appear. It's currently 20 degrees, and that's been our high today. Shockingly, our forecast for next week has a day that shows 60 degrees as the temperature. For now, we shiver!
Nothing unusual here in the Caribbean.
We are having a deep freeze here in Latvia. I have cold water but my hot water pipe is stopped up somewhere. I have a hard time keeping my room warm and I hate all this so much.
its heading to me this evening, usually what weather you get I get. Stay warm and safe.
we had this last and this week.We are getting snow and finally warming up for the weekend.
We are good here. The snow was the light and fluffy kind. Easy to remove. I think we are over snow now. Just in the 20s, but sunshine. Only a whopper of a blizzard would shut things down here.
It's going to drop into the low 60s during the day tomorrow and into the 40s at night. That I can handle. Anything lower and we head to the Caribbean per husband's suggestion.