The Cuypers Library

Daytona Beach, Florida
The Cuypers Library is the oldest and largest art history library in the Netherlands. It has an impressive and lovely reading room. Along the walls are thousands of books with their colorful bindings gleaming in the sunlight. A spiral staircase leads you upwards through the various levels. This library is a research library housed in Amsterdam’s famous Rijksmuseum. Many visitors come to the museum but don’t stop to take a look at the library’s reading room. This 19th-century library has been collecting books since 1885. The shelves are full of history books, journals and periodicals there are also catalogs about art auctions, exhibitions, trades and collections. The library’s reading room is open to visitors. How many of you enjoy going to libraries?
Oh how I love it! I truly enjoy going to libraries, especially on my travels. This is one of them.
What I especially like about libraries is the scent of the old books @DianneN
@RasmaSandra Me, too!!!
I used to enjoy libraries, but I don't go much anymore.
I love the library. I would be very happy to live in the library if the town I live in would let me. So far, they will not. I would love to visit the Cuypers Library.
Once I get back to the states I just might consider trying to get a job in a library depending on where I settle down @Corbin5
@RasmaSandra That would be a wonderful job!!!
I would like to live there , I would never get bored.
that is nice I would hate to have to find a book there.
I have not gone to the library in a very long time. I get books to read from a friend or go to the used bookstore in town.
@mom210 (6773)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It is just beautiful. I love those grand rooms like that.
I have been to this museum but never to the library but it certainly looks impressive.
I love libraries, but I hardly go anymore due to having my kindle, and I can read library books online.
I love libraries too and loved the one at Trinity College in Dublin.
I would enjoy going to that one. I haven't been to a library except for the Writer's Guild meeting held there, in years. I buy all my books. I don't like giving them back.
I am guilty. I have been to the Rijksmuseum and didn't see the library. Didn't even know about it.