Drug Test Results - a dilluted negative!

This is such my luck. I went in to get a drug test on my off day, for this job I am applying for, hit the gym for an hour, ran a few errands and then drove up to the clinic to go pee in a cup. I have absolutely no fear in getting positive results as I am not a drug user. Not recreationally, not prescribed and although I am a social drinker it has been about a month since I had a drink. However... my consumption of water is apparently dilluting my urine samples too much (the morning before the test I drank about 1.5 liters not for any reason other than I was thirsty and working out at the gym). The HR gal asked me to go in again today before work and try again. I did advise her, like normal, I drank about 1 liter of water while at the gym. After hearing I would have to haul butt up again to retry the test I downed a quick cup of coffee and a diet soda. Hopefully it makes a difference. I drink a ton of water but I didnt think it would be enough to mess up a drug test! Have you ever had this experience?
I don't drink anything for 15 hours before the test, never tried drinking before the exam.
Thanks for the tip. If i have to go again I will do that. What about coffee or soda?
No, but once I flushed the toilet twice after they told me not too, after two attempts, I finally had to come back the next day, and that time I was successful. I just flushed without thinking.
Oh haha i can understand that . They actually had thewater turned off for me. I tried to wash my hands but realized I shouldnt when the water was coming out.
@Frenzys9 (175)
I’m sorry you have to go back up there.
Thanks. Hoping this is the last time!
@KrauseHome (35522)
Interesting... Never heard of too much water changing something like this. That's interesting
Yes! Pretty bizarre. I didnt think a single liter of water would mess it up!
I had a friend who had a diluted negative test but he did it on purpose because he smoked pot. The coffee and soda might still be to much liquid. I hope they don't think your lying
I know! What a bummer that would be. I wish they would just take a piece of my hair or something. I apparently drink too much water!!
@maezee lol a hair sample would surely show your clean well in two ways actually
@shaggin Lol!!!
I have never experienced this. It is a pain for you to have to be tested once again due to drinking a certain quantity of water.
No I never experienced it before, but hope this one is good to go.
I sure do too. It is frustrating for me to be worried about this stuff when I have literally nothing to hide.
I haven't had that problem, but I know I should be drinking more water than I do presently.
I have never heard of such a thing. That is absurd.
@maezee It will be.
@hereandthere (32489)
i've never had one, but it seems to be similar to blood draws if they prefer that you go early in the morning before drinking too much of anything. i hope you get better results this time.
Or like a hair follicle sample? Maybe thats not in their budget. I do hate needles so I am sure hoping thats not necessary.
Never experienced that and I drink lots of water. Hope you pass!
Good to hear!
No since usually I am dehydrated rather than hydrated lol How weird is that, drinking too much!!
I have not, but I have had the problem where my fingerprints don't show up when they try to read them for a job. I spend too much time online!
I've heard that you can drink too much water, but have no idea how much that would be. Hope your next test goes ok.
@Daelii (5817)
nope! I usually drink a bottle an hour before and then hold it!