Did you even notice that The Horse was gone?

Pleasant Hill, California
I was without internet for two days here. I had intended to relax Monday (MLK Day), do some guitar playing, and so do a bunch of MyLotting. It was not to be. My internet was down when I woke up, a modem reset didn't fix it, and a Comcast Tech couldn't be here until this (Tuesday) evening. I went out to a friend's house, we drank and played music, and life was OK. But I admit that I missed having access to the internet. Tonight, the Comcast Tech came by. He was a cool young fella, and we had some good conversation as he was trying to figure out what was wrong. So no I'm back among the living, worried that my internet connection will die any minute. Did you even notice that I was gone?
• Eugene, Oregon
Sort of, yes. Then I thought, oh he's out chasing women or gigging or something more fun than even myLotting.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I actually did miss being able to interact when I couldn't.
• Eugene, Oregon
@TheHorse Funny how that works.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JamesHxstatic I wonder how long it would take me to notice someone wasn't around. I don't think two days would be enough.
I had noticed that you were not around, I thought you were busy in real life. Did the young tech guy figure out where is the Internet problem?
• Pleasant Hill, California
We got things rolling, but we're not sure exactly where the problem was.
@TheHorse This is nothing good, I hope the problem is fixed and forgot.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I did notice that you were gone. The apples we left to lure you back went untouched.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I just put them in my morning smoothie--thanks!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@TheHorse Huzzah! Did they figure out what was cauusing the internet issues? or was it just a fluke?
I'd just assumed you were busy...given a few more days and I would have launched a search party. That's where a bunch of people get together and party while searching for someone on the Interwebs, I think.
• Pleasant Hill, California
My brother (in Worcester Mass) and I have spent some time on the interweb looking for old friends that fell into "difficult times." I miss @Crazyhorselady and a few others I haven't seen here in a long time.
@WorDazza (10100)
• Manchester, England
Don't flatter yourself To be honest, until last night I hadn't been around much for a few days either so I suppose the answer to your question is no, I didn't notice you were gone because I was too!!!
mo re that te h orsewas ot posting so resettig modem amd roiter dd nmo good? glad you are bac noiw ope yourconnection stays put for y o u
• Pleasant Hill, California
Correct! Resetting the modem remotely did nothing. When he left, he wasn't even sure which of the fixes we applied did the job!
@TheHorse nteresting wow
@ricki_911 (19785)
• Toronto, Ontario
The world is over when we don't have internet
• Pleasant Hill, California
I actually did miss it!
@vandana7 (66853)
I noticed...and I thought you were busy recording perhaps...then I thought of poking you...which I did in a small way, and you replied at your leisure...so all is well...so when are you coming up with the next song?
@yugocean (8799)
Actually I noticed that, but I thought he is singing somewhere.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was, on Saturday night. But my internet was out for Monday and part of Tuesday. I was traumatized.
@yugocean (8799)
@TheHorse That is horrible, fortunately we have cheap internet in India and we use different net connections, so this keeps us online.
To be honest - no. Only because I haven't been here myself
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. Where have you been?
@TheHorse I've not been anywhere, but husband hasn't been too well and I didn't feel like coming here. He's improving now though.
@Platespinner (17047)
I didn't notice necessarily that you were gone, but you did seem to be awfully quiet. I assumed that you were busy with other things.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I was hoping for a lazy Monday. I probably wouldn't have gone over to my friend's house to play music had I not been internet-free/deprived. So maybe it's a good thing.
@TheHorse It's annoying when the internet goes down (or the power goes out), but I always find I feel refreshed after the break from technology.
@Plethos (10455)
i thought you were out studding
• Pleasant Hill, California
In my dreams!
@Plethos (10455)
@TheHorse - then get to sleep !
@Lucky15 (33718)
ahmm, maybe, am not sure
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. Honesty is the best policy.
@Lucky15 (33718)
@TheHorse i just got back, hahaha
i was off too.i decided to watch movies for a change.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What did you watch? A friend and I watched Citizen Kane this past weekend. I had never seen it before.
@TheHorse um..we watched the babadook and automata
Nope, not at all, but when you came back I realized that I haven't seen your name recently, so that might count for something.
• Pleasant Hill, California
You mean...you didn't miss me? Waaaaaah!
@kobesbuddy (52907)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I did notice you weren't here on My Lot! My thoughts came, you were probably just enjoying time with friends and had your guitar ready for action, in the backseat of your vehicle.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That's pretty much the way things were, except I'm not sure I would have gone to see my friend had my internet not been down.
@BarBaraPrz (20552)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Nope, sorry dear, I did not. Most of us take a day or two off, some only come here occasionally. The only ones I really notice when they're MIA are JJ and Patsie, only because they are such prolific posters.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. I suffer from delusions of adequacy.
@Fleura (7194)
Thought you had been quiet!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm back. I think. But I was too busy to post today.
@FourWalls (14693)
I did not...however, I was gone yesterday, working extra hours, so I didn't have time to notice. But you're back, and I'm back,and the internet is back, and that's all that matters!!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
And Hawaii is under nuclear attack. Or not.
@Morleyhunt (20430)
Yes, and no. I don't see each Mylotter each day. Some days I am active on Mylot. Other days I am only peeking in for a moment.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Today, I was here for a bit this morning, and then will be here for a few minutes before music practice. Maybe I'll check in again later.