I nearly missed an accident today.

@sjvg1976 (18386)
Delhi, India
This week I have a first shift at work and have to leave for office at 5:15 am from home. When I left home there was not much fog but when I reached half way suddenly I found heavy fog , visibility was so less. I could not drive even at 40kmh. Many of the vehicles were over taking. And suddenly I almost hit a car which was parked on road side but parking lights were not on. It was so rude why this fellow was having his car standing in foggy morning. I halted for a minute and moved ahead. I was so terrified that I even didn't talk to this person. I always fear to drive when the visibility is low in winter's morning here. But What can be done when you have to go to work. Do you fear to drive in such conditions? What do you do in foggy mornings when you can't avoid driving.
Some people are crazy, it is so dangerous to park a car with no lights on in the fog. I am glad you had no accidents.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
Yes accidents are likely to occur in foggy days people must be cautious while driving
@sjvg1976 I see those who do not even respect the speed limits when it is foggy. I wonder what they can see, surely nothing more than what we see.
@pitstop (5628)
Driving with less visibility is scary. Driving slow and using fog lights makes it safer, but still accidents can happen. The fact that you were driving slow helped you stop on time. In December there was a multi car pile up near Delhi because people continued to drive fast even in thick fog.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
I read in news it occurred on Taj express way to be precise. I saw the video of it on FB.
@FayeHazel (18007)
Oh no! I'm happy you're safe. I know it's hard to do but if I think the roads will not be safe - I leave a bit earlier
@LeaPea2417 (20386)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Yes, I fear driving in fog. If I have to drive in it, I drive as slow as I can with my lights on.
It is dangerous to drive in heavy fog but also dangerous to come to a complete standstill. I'm glad you got there safely.
I do not like driving in the snow or in conditions that make other drivers hard to see. We do not have foggy mornings here that often. Maybe a few times a year a morning will be foggy.