Weird Word Wednesday: Chionophobia

I learned a new word today! Chionophobia. It's a very timely one, at least where I live. Chion is the Greek word for snow. I don't have a phobia of snow at all. But the only thing I really like about it is the way it looks. It's beautiful! I really prefer warmer weather and clear, safe streets and sidewalks. How do you feel about snow? And had you ever heard this word before?
@UncleJoe (11276)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I've never heard of it because I'm not afraid of driving in ice and snow. I'm only afraid of crashing in ice and snow.
Thanks @UncleJoe. That's logical! Thanks for your comment.
@Freelanzer (9497)
I don't mind snow but I prefer no snow
Thanks @Freelanzer. In Canada and the US, I think there are many people who really look forward to the snow in winter. Some get very excited about it! Even though I don't really love it, I try not to be a complainer. I live in Missouri. We expect some snow every year.
I do not have a phobia for snow. I just had enough of it growing up in Minneapolis and hating winters. The only time I thought it was cool here in Jerusalem was when I had my dog and she loved it. I loved watching her. We do not get much of here anyways so so happy.
Thanks @Hannihar. I've never been to Minnesota, but I've heard that the winters can be quite harsh!
@BloggerDi Diana, they are.
I did not know that word, so thanks and no, I am not afraid of snow but I am not crazy about it.
Thanks @marlins. We think alike!
I never heard of this word before but it does not surprise me as there seems to be a phobia for everything.
Hahaa @JohnRoberts! I agree! I wonder if there is a phobia of developing a phobia?
I have not heard that before, but I think quite a few people might share that phobia!
Hi snowy22315. Thank you. Yes, that's quite possible!
@hereandthere (33020)
i live in a sunny and humid country. i admit i would prefer cooler weather, but not snow, dark skies, short days, non-stop rain.
Thanks for your comment @hereandthere.