Mayon Volcano Killing 1,200 People

@dodoazo (17754)
The Filipino who live within the vicinity of Mayon Volcano or Mount Mayon are in great danger as this nearly-perfect cone mount erupted last Tuesday. It spewed volcanic ashes and scorching lava. Thousands of those people were scrambling as the lava flowed up to more one mile from the crater. No injuries had been recorded. According to history, Mount Mayon's first recorded eruption was in 1616. And the most-deadly eruption happened in 1814, killing 1,200 people.
I hope that now, with all the new ways of evacuating people, lives can be spared.
@dodoazo (17754)
Those who have evacuated are all safe now. Our government is keeping on monitoring the activity of the said Mount to keep the people update every minute or hour if possible.
@dodoazo I´m so glad.
@dodoazo (17754)
@marguicha Me too. Thanks for your concern.
such a disaster to face. prayers for them
@dodoazo (17754)
We do pray but we couldn't go against the will of the Almighty. The possible things to do are for the residents there is to leave the place before it is too late.
@dodoazo i think theyre municipality is doing something, they should do something
@dodoazo (17754)
@Strawberry18 The people there are safely evacuated and they are now safe.
• St. Catharines, Ontario
That's sad, Sorry to hear that, Their in my prayers! I hope enough people can get evacuated!
@dodoazo (17754)
Our government is doing its best to evacuate those people living near the Mount.
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@dodoazo Great to hear! I hope everyone gets to safety successfully!
@dodoazo (17754)
@TwentySevenSins Yes they are safe.
Wow well after hearing how many were killed in 1814 I am grateful no one was injured. I wonder if people moved farther away from it since then so they wouldn't be within a mile of it where it would spew the lava.
@dodoazo (17754)
In the present time, its 3rd time to erupt, no one reported injured. But on 1841, the entire municipality of Albay was covered by huge molten lava and massive ashes.
@dodoazo it doesn't say if there were any deaths at the earliest one. But th me most recent I wonder if there were no deaths as people likely moved farther from the volcano since the 1841 one.
@dodoazo (17754)
@shaggin The recent the people are more aware on what to do. They cooperate with the government as far as their safety is concerned.
I hope that people will listen and evacuate the area if they are in danger.
@dodoazo (17754)
They're now evacuated and they're safe for they followed the instructions given them.
@dodoazo Let's hope that nothing happens.
@dodoazo (17754)
@LadyDuck Yap we're crossing our fingers.
• Peoria, Arizona
My goodness, that is devastating but amazing that hopefully no one has been hurt and were able to evacuate.
@dodoazo (17754)
Our government is not sleeping. It is always on the lookout for the safety of the people who are living within the vicinity of the active volcano.
• Peoria, Arizona
@dodoazo That is good, I hope everyone stays safe and does not lose too much.
@dodoazo (17754)
@DesirousDreamer Everyone is prepared. The government provides everything for their safety.
@kepweng (13270)
your Title Shocks me i thought its happen these year
@dodoazo (17754)
Don't just depend or rely what's the title about. Its the content that matters. There are some titles that don't cintrubut anything to the contents sometimes.
@sjvg1976 (18380)
I hope people have been evacuated from there so there will no loss of lives like it happened in 19th century.
@dodoazo (17754)
It was 18th century. In this 20th century, the people are well secured especially their safety by the government.
@rina110383 (24135)
Praying for the safety of those people living near Mayon Volcano.
@dodoazo (17754)
They have been evacuated by the government rescue team. They're now safe and no one is left within the danger zone of the said Mount.
@JSAph8888 (972)
Prayers to our countrymen specially in Bicol Region.
@dodoazo (17754)
Our fervent prayer is for their safety.
@ARIES1973 (9533)
• Legaspi, Philippines
I am from Albay. People nowadays are more prepared when disaster came than it was before. The Local Disaster Risk and Reduction Management (LDRRM) Team in coordination with different groups are doing the necessary precautionary measures in order to keep the community safe. Everyone is safe. Actually, I want this activity to be a tourist attraction rather than a disaster. I am inviting you to visit Albay to see the beauty of Mayon.
@dodoazo (17754)
But not as of this situation. The Mount is still unpredictable. How far are you living from the volcano itself?
I hope they are safe now
@dodoazo (17754)
No injuries. No casualties. They are safe.
I hope everyone around the volcano will stay somewhere where they are safe.
@dodoazo (17754)
AS I have said our government is doing their best to evacuate the people and now they are safe.