That's a Headline That'll Wake You Up Faster Than Coffee*

@FourWalls (13785)
(*Or Coughee for JJ) Sometimes you will hear a news item that'll jolt you out of a half-asleep state quicker than a double-expresso mixed with caffeine pills and Jolt cola. That happened to me in 2016 when I had the TV on first thing in the morning after the alarm went off and was just about to doze back off when the announcer said David Bowie had died. I got another jolt this morning. While perusing the news online I came across this headline on CBS News' site: POPE FRANCIS ACCUSES CHILE SEX ABUSE VICTIMS OF SLANDER Say what??? Who's pope now, Jared Fogel?? The pope, according to this article, went to Chile to deal with the sex abuse scandal in that country. He met with victims of a priest who had accusations going back to 2002 covered up by the church. Things were apparently going well until Francis told a reporter, "The day they bring me proof against Bishop Barros, I'll speak," Francis said. "There is not one shred of proof against him. It's all calumny. Is that clear?" (Bishop Barros supposedly witnessed some of the sexual abuse and did nothing...except cover it up once the victims began coming forward.) Wowza. Earlier in the month I posted a discussion about the Mormon church replacing their late 90-year-old president with a 93-year-old, and someone commented that the older leaders were "out of touch." I don't know if you can blame this on Francis' age (he's 81) or he just thinks that people aren't going to leave the church no matter what priests and bishops do. At any rate, he's so out of touch with the victims of these heinous crimes that Hall & Oates should write a song about him. Here's another article on the subject, this one from the BBC:
Francis said there was no evidence a Chilean bishop had covered up another priest's actions.
This Pope is so consumed pushing the climate change agenda yet continues the policy of cover up? And we should listen to him, why?
@FourWalls (13785)
Hmm....good question.
But of course. The Church can do no wrong...God said so, just ask the Pope...
@FourWalls (13785)
“The Roman church has never erred; nor will it err to all eternity, the Scripture bearing witness.” (Pope Gregory VII, 1075) Okay, if they say so.....
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I will just say it, The Pope is a False Prophet.
How can he say there is not one shred of proof? No, it is not clear, and for him to say "slander" is a slap in the face to the victims. It's sick how these cover ups still go on .
It never ceases to amaze me at what lengths they will go to to cover-up abuse
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Abuse in the churches have been going on for a lot of years @FourWalls and all they do is just ship the person from one church to another. That is absolutely shameful to me. Apparently they aren't following Bible verse. I wouldn't trust 'any' church who allows that.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
@FourWalls Oh yeah. And it's even more disgusting when it is young boys who are raped. So much for trust for the poor alter boys.
why do they cover up.
@FourWalls (13785)
I’m $ure that there are many rea$on$ that would make the pope$ decide they need to $weep the $candal$ of the church under the rug$....I can’t think of any at the moment....
@FourWalls I like the Pope.Yes we have many problems there.But he is still the man. You do not have to listen to him if you do not want to,
@aninditasen (1702)
• Raurkela, India
Being the Pope it his duty is protect the children.
• Yogyakarta, Indonesia
So Sad... Church now is just like a Organitation.. Have some Importance.. yapss.. Church's Credibility in in doubt..
@FourWalls I was surprised when I read it also. I can't even imagine why he would do something so stupid. I thought this pope was a more enlightened pope, but I guess not.
Francis seems to be clueless regarding many things that matter. A sad state of affairs that happens to be. It would be wise to not give credence to what Francis says and to oh so many others who think they know all.
I hadn't heard this. That's pretty bad - very bad in fact.
@Srbageldog (8598)
Maybe it's time for people to think for themselves and stop following these quacks...