Friday Date Night Canceled

My husband is so sweet. Just about every single Friday he takes me out to dinner, or dinner and a movie. Just the two of us. No one else is included, except once a friend and her husband wanted to join us at a new restaurant that opened. What could I say? We've been doing this since we first married, unless I decide to have a stay at home night. Me, not him. This morning I told him we won't have our date night. We ate out five times last week. We ate out last Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, today, and are going out again tomorrow night with friends and brunch on Sunday, our usual. I'm fed up! Literally! Lol! So today, after doing four loads of laundry, riding my bicycle, having coffee at a neighbor's, having people check out our new water heater that we had installed yesterday, meeting with a new contractor, giving away our old patio furniture and bringing a piece to a consignment shop, and lunch with a group of the girls, I decided to use my new Florida Crock Pot to make a beef stew. I actually prepped for it while doing my laundry, and it smells delicious. A perfect stay at home meal for a 64 F at 7:00PM (according to Siri and Alexa) canceled date night!
I agree - date night tonight should be canceled .After eating out five times last week, a home cooked dinner using your new Crock Pot sounds very nice. Call it a Friday night home date.
That's what we are calling it. I'm all showered and have a beautiful powder blue and white print sarong from Bali to wear, a gift from the newlyweds. No makeup, just a spritz of my new perfume. It should drive him insane. Lol!!!!
Sometimes it's just nice to stay home and chill. There have been times where we'd eat out a lot - and eventually we just don't feel like eating anymore . . . we'd get burned out by "restaurant" food. Home cooked Beef stew sounds divine . . . even better in a crock pot so you won't have to do too much. Well enjoy tonight . . . the date has been canceled, but not the evening .
Lol! I did brown the meat and cut up all the veggies. I worked fast and efficiently. I still enjoy eating out these days, especially with friends or family, but our date nights are so romantic. I hope the stew comes out well. I have three slow cookers and only used each one once.
@DianneN I'm sure your stew will be tops . Three slow cookers only used once . . . are you going to get another crock pot for the next meal . You guys are so romantic !
@much2say Lol! We somehow had two at home and I wanted to ship one to Florida, but it's so heavy to ship. My husband told me to buy one in Florida. They're so cheap. The stew was so delicious! I may even make it again. . We are both so stuffed, so took a little walk in the building together. My husband told everyone he saw how delicious my beef stew was. Now they all want some. Help!!!!
@inertia4 (27605)
64 is a good temperature. Nice and warm. Not like here in NYC. That is wonderful though. You both go out to eat every Friday. I wish my girlfriend was more like you. She never watches a movie with me and we hardly go out to eat. Once in a blue. Though, 2017 was a hard year for her. Her mother passed and she has been a wreck ever since. I understand that. But she was never much into doing the date night or enjoying each others company.
Thank you. It keeps the sparks alive. Have you had a chance to talk to her, yet?
@inertia4 (27605)
@DianneN I have but it does not seem to make a difference. I know last year was a hard year for her. She lost her mother and all. But she does not seem to accept my help or emotional support. She was better than this in the beginning of the relationship. But that changed a few years in. I will wind up on my feet no matter what.
@inertia4 So sorry, but glad you will wind up on your feet. No one should ever bring us down.
There is no way I could eat out as much as you do. Enjoy a night at home alone with your husband.
We eat well and choose wisely. lol. Thanks!
@zarlamain (24527)
How beautiful! A stay at home date with someone you love is so romantic. Have fun!
Thanks so much, Zaria! I'm pooped, so am looking forward to tonight!
@zarlamain (24527)
@DianneN Your welcome! So funny! Have fun!
@zarlamain Thanks! My husband loved it, but I ate too much and feel quite bloated and thirsty.
oooh now a fresh hot stew and the best company, you are looking at a wonderful evening I am certain, enjoy
Lol! Thank you! He's my other half!
@DianneN aw that sounds so cute !
@mandala100 (39677)
@DianneN You look awesome my friend.
Thank you! That was taken on our anniversary last August.
@mandala100 (39677)
@DianneN You are always welcome my friend.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'll bBe right over. I'll bring the challah, as I scored some today.
Lol! Perfect!
@suzybear (81)
• London, England
Sounds to me like you are going to have a date night at home lol. I would feel the same if I had that sort of day too
Lol! I haven't thought of it that way. I better put on something pretty.
• London, England
@DianneN I'm sure he'll be happy in what ever you wear, he sounds like a lovely husband
@suzybear Aww, thank you! He is wonderful to me, the kids, and people in general.
@Fleura (7199)
Sometimes staying in makes a nice change!
I love dressing up for our dates, but I'm looking forward to staying home and having beef stew. I haven't had it in so long! Plus, I'm feeling tired now.
@Fleura (7199)
@DianneN As you say though, it's nice to dress up and make it a bit of a special occasion!
@Fleura It keeps the marriage going. lol
It sounds like you need a recovery night!
I was bloated from earring so much. It was really, really good. lol Tonight we're going out to dinner with three couples. Recovery isn't in my future.
Yes, I think 5 times in one week is plenty lol.
That was plenty for me!
• Preston, England
@DianneN sounds like it was a date night in, and just as lovely as going out
It will be. Don't forget our time difference. Lol! Many thanks!
What a nice lookin couple! :-) sometimes its just as fun staying in.
Thank you!!! Yes, it's nice staying in, too.
you two are a beautiful couple!!! He sounds like a special husband for an equally special girl! I think beef stew sounds yummy! hope you have a great night at home!
Thanks so much!!!! He is my everything. I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing night at home!
@DianneN He sounds like he is the perfect man! Was the night relaxing? I bet the beef stew was yummy! I have never attempted beef stew but want to try one day!
@Marty1 He is perfect!!!! lol. The beef stew was delicious and easy to make.
Sounds like a good meal to stay at home and enjoy.
It was so good that I ate seconds. Now I'm stuffed and bloated like a pig! Oink!
@DianneN well you certainly don't look like one, so the at makes it okay to feel like one for a short time..
@Courtlynn Aww, thanks. Now, I'm drinking tons of water. Dying of thirst.
@LeaPea2417 (19858)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Staying in can be fun too. How did the beef stew turn out?
It was so good that I had seconds. Now I'm stuffed and bloated. Ugh!!!
@LeaPea2417 (19858)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@DianneN Glad it was tasty.
@LeaPea2417 It was! My husband loved it, too. Thank you!
@dodo19 (32614)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Sometimes, it's just best to have a break. I would be fed up too. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out.
I love being home. Believe it or not, we are both homebodies! lol
@dodo19 (32614)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@DianneN lol. I can understand that. As much as I love doing things, I do enjoy being at home too.
that is ideal there.Was going to ask you if you ever get tired of going out to dinner and such?just saying.
Never! It's our way of life.
@DianneN then enjoy your way of life.Been there done that.Now it is my turn to enjoy
@amadeo I'm still doing and enjoying while the going is still good. Been there, done that, too.
@fly802 (1514)
I think you will have a great time tonight too.Enjoy your time.
Thank you. I ate way too much, and soon I'll be going out to dinner with friends.
@fly802 (1514)