Best to Steer Clear of This Dog Park Today

. Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, Illinois, just sent out an email to all in the county who have dog-park passes. This is rare, but a cougar was sighted at the East Branch Dog Park in DuPage County, Illinois. We have a pass for East Branch Dog Park, but Molly went to a different dog park this morning. Dog owners visiting the East Branch Dog Park were cautioned to: 1. Keep their dogs close. 2. If the cougar is spotted, dog and owner must leave the park SLOWLY. I do suppose calling, "Here kitty kitty!" would not be a good idea at all.
@nanette64 (17103)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh damn; and that's exactly what I'd be doing to @Corbin5 . "Here kitty kitty". Hell with the smell of my 12 cats on me, kitty kitty would probably be saying, "Well hi there."
Oh yes, that cougar would be drawn to you!!!
@nanette64 (17103)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 Now if I could only talk him into being good 'friends' instead of 'lunch'.
@nanette64 You could take him home and give him tender-loving care!
Omg. That would scare the heck outta me.
Glad Molly and my husband went to a different dog park this morning.
@Corbin5 yes its good they did
• Riga, Latvia
I was just about to say that Here Kitty Kitty even though it was not a cougar I was reminded of this big cat
See more classic TV sitcoms in color at http://pop-colorture.com The Addams Family: The Complete Series is available on DVD through Amazon: https://www.amazo...
I remember that episode! Thanks for the link to this one!!!
@quantum2020 (8720)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
IT´s rare but it can happen. That cougar must have gotten lost. IT´s good that people know about it. NObody would want to encounter the big puma
So true. Best to steer clear of a puma. Some dogs would probably get that Cooger's attention by snarling and growling at it. Not good.
a good idea.Is this common there.
No, cougar sightings are not common here, so the alert was very helpful to dog owners.
@Corbin5 I see like the bob cat here.
@amadeo Oh yes, the bob cat is a gorgeous animal.
If she's come so close to human habitat then she must be hungry, most likely there isn't much game for her to get. They won't hurt her will they?
No harm will come to her and the pros said she or he was just passing through. Cougars are nearing extinction in IL and only a handful are left.
They were listed as endangered before DT came to office but I fear he could care less about our planets inhabitants @Corbin5 I'm glad they were alert and gave people proper warning so the cougar could move through without incident I don't think we have any real wild life here anymore. Back in the 1940s and 50s there were bobcats, lynx, coyotes, tiny owls, eagles, hawks and even Mexican wolves but these idiots who'd be stationed here via Ft Bliss killed all of them or destroyed their habitat.
@Corbin5 Time to call in the big game hunter types or the zoo people!
I suppose the Forest Preserve District just lets the cougar to go back to from where he came. The Forest Preserve folks stated that the cougar was just passing through, probably searching for a mate. Cougars in Illinois are just a handful and nearing extinction in this state.
It's good that they sent out that email. Would stay close to home instead with Molly.
Yes, glad Molly and my husband did not go to that dog park today. Cougars are practically extinct in Illinois and this one was said to be just passing through.
LOL, surely, Its not a good idea
Yes, it is best to stay away from that park until the cougar has gone elsewhere.
Yikes that's pretty scary and I don't think I'd venture out to that dog park today either. Of course I'm laughing at your "here kitty kitty" comment
I suppose there would be a few who just may say, "Here kitty kitty." Humans can be so silly.
lol yes I wouldn't want to be any where near one of those.
I can imagine some dogs would growl, bark and lunge if they spotted a cougar. Not Molly. She would hide behind my husband.
@Corbin5 It would all depend, but even the toughest Dog or human would have a hard time surviving an attack by one.
@TRBRocks420 I agree. This one was a young male and just passing through, according to the pros. It was probably in search of a mate. In IL, cougars are near extinction since there are only a handful of them left in the state.
It might not be easy to control the dog - keep him from geting excited and barking.
Yes, owners should not allow their dogs to bother that cougar in any way.
Yikes that is scary!
It would cause a bit of a fright for most.
Gosh, that could be a dangerous situation, especially for any dogs. I'm sure you'll keep Molly safely away.
Cougars are facing extinction in our state. Just a handful are left, so the sighting of this one was rare.
@Corbin5 So are most doing what they can to ensure they remain in your state?
@JudyEv Yes, cougars, also known as mountain lions, are now protected in the state of Illinois. Easy to protect them since many are transient and are just passing through.
@kobesbuddy (40647)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yikes, this is one kitty that noone would ever want to tangle with! They are very quick and aggressive, killers. We don't have this kind of cat around here, but we do have black bear, wolves, and coyotes. That's why I don't walk alone in the woods!
Cougars are almost extinct in IL. Just a handful left. This fellow was just passing through on the lookout for a mate, according to the pros.
@kobesbuddy (40647)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 We had a black bear wander out of the woods, into a subdivision in Tawas City. It had traveled, who knows how many miles, by foot. It was unsure what it was seeking, but more than likely, either a mate or food. They put it to sleep temporarily, lugged it out into national forest and then let it go. It meant no harm, just doing what wild bears do.
@kobesbuddy Wow!! That black bear would be sight to see!!! Glad they were able to relocate the bear.
I do not think it would be a very good idea. I am glad that Molly could still go to a dog park.
We have so many dog parks here and Molly and my husband can choose to which one to go.
@Corbin5 So Deborah, does Molly like all of them or does she have favorite ones?
@Hannihar Her favorite park is Green Valley since there is a lot of room there for her to play ball.
@nela13 (4973)
• Portugal
OMG, better keep your dog inside the house.
Well, the cougar was spotted near a dog park 10 miles from our home. It was just passing through. The cougar is almost extinct in our state with only a handful left.
@nela13 (4973)
• Portugal
@Corbin5 do you know where the cougar is now?
@nela13 No, he just went on his merry way into the woods.
I would be so scared ! There are some bob cats in the area here. But not a cougar!
Cougars here are just passing through, but I would want to get out of the area if I spotted one
@Corbin5 I would want to get out of the area also!
@tmosby (315)
"Here kitty kitty!"
He is coming after you!!
@tmosby (315)
@Corbin5 I'd love him with me.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Hehe yes that not good at all.
Due to just a handful of cougars in our state of Illinois, this cougar was a rare sight.
• Kathmandu, Nepal