Hello myLot

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Today I started teaching one lady how to navigate through the Bible. There were supposed to be three ladies, but only one could come, and it was a wonderful two and a half hours. I only expected an hour, but it turned out to be so much more. The teaching developed into more than I had prepared in that hour. I know where she is in her knowledge of the Bible. It is going to be so much fun and a total blessing as we meet weekly to begin this journey through God's Word in a completely new way for me too. I need to completely write these lessons because there isn't anything like them on the Internet. At least not what I was able to glean as I went looking this morning to make certain I didn't miss anything. I found just one page regarding it, and I had already covered all but one area, which I incorporated into the lesson with ease. Because it's just her and I, we're going to meet on Monday afternoon's when she gets off work. With my schedule completely open, this works well for me. I'm really hyped and looking forward to this journey as I teach her how to make her way through God's Word. In other news, I did finish the first edit of Thread of Evidence last night before I went to bed, and just put the finishing touches on it a few minutes ago as there were a few chapters without titles. So I have it finished for the first time through. I will need to go through it again. I know there are things I need to work on. Point of View being the biggest area that still needs a lot of work. I'm going to set it aside and let it rest for a while and work on New Horizons and try to get that one finished before I start again on Thread of Evidence. Now, I have supper decided on, with hamburger thawing. While it thaws, I'm going to interact with all of you and tame the over 100 notifications I have right now. I hope your day has gone well as we come to the end of the third week in January. Warm here. My snow is almost gone. More snow coming. Storm starts tomorrow through Tuesday with rain and snow. Tell me about your day. Thanks for reading.
@carebear29 (28586)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
have a productive day. mine has been
I'm glad you had a productive day.
A productive day for you Mine wasn't as productive as I would have liked. Some electrical problems materialized which will be dealt with on Tuesday.
I'm sorry you had some electrical problems.
I think that it is such a good feeling to help someone. Teaching little children things is so fun. To see the excitement in their eyes when they get it. Grown ups too.
Yes, it is. It was so satisfying for both of us.
@just4him .....That's nice.
@kobesbuddy (46365)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Teaching others how to study God's word, brings a blessing for both of you:)
Yes, it does. I was so blessed yesterday.
@kobesbuddy (46365)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him Teaching plays a big part in God's ministry.
@kobesbuddy The biggest.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Back in 2011, I bought a large-print edition of the King James Bible. After I started reading it, my life changed a lot, so it took me several years to finally finish it. I'm sure you know that it's not easy stuff to wade through in that classic language of the time. Not long after that, a church friend gave me a copy of the Good News Bible, and it has taken me just a few months to get to the NT. The sister of that friend recently gave me a copy of the Narrated Bible, which I plan on tackling next. I never tire of reading the Word. Whenever I am reading Scripture, I get this intense feeling that I am exactly where I should be. And as foreign as the Biblical world is, it all seems familiar to me. From Genesis to the Book of Revelations, one theme runs throughout: Be good to God, and he will be good to you. Pretty simple really. And guess what? It's true!
When I first became a Christian, I tried reading the King James Version, but it was too hard. I found a version I could understand and then went back to King James. Today, despite the many different versions, King James is my favorite. You can't go wrong reading the Bible. You are always where God wants you to be.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
@just4him That is exactly how I feel, Valerie. I'm about to start the Book of Jonah. And interestingly enough, some verses from that book were read and expounded upon at services this morning. Yes, the KJV was hard to wade through, especially Kings, etc. I'm enjoying, though, understanding more of it through "easier" editions. But I will keep my KJV as a testament that I did make it all the way through.
@Raelove God is so good in providing you a sermon in church in the book you are working through. If you've seen my daily study, you know I'm in Ezekiel at the moment.
@HazySue (21328)
What a wonderful experience the two of you had. How marvelous to be able to sit and have a meeting of the minds while teaching someone about the love of the Lord.
We've met together twice now, and she is so happy with what I'm teaching her. I still need to write Lesson 3.
@HazySue (21328)
@just4him I think that is wonderful for both of you.
@HazySue It really is. I just got Lesson 3 written, so I'm ready for tomorrow.
@bunnybon7 (36482)
• Holiday, Florida
been hard and painful trying to get around more. did you have a helper come in when you broke yours?
No. Though my son and grandson lived with me at the time.
@bunnybon7 (36482)
• Holiday, Florida
@just4him thats good. if i had someone strong enough to actually help me up and down and catch me if i fall, i might be moving along better.
@bunnybon7 It's hard when you don't have help. I hope it heals quickly.
@Deepizzaguy (13022)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
It has been a decent day since one person who has this bad habit of crying the blues that he is "lonely" which bothering me since it cost me time to write blogs. I told him I was busy so quit bugging me and then that fool sent me hate mail that I am going to die and rot in my grave. I have ignored him for life now.
That can be annoying to have someone crying the blues all the time. His reaction is pathetic and laughable.
@Deepizzaguy (13022)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@just4him The maroon lives in Berkeley California and he has been a thorn in my side so I had to block him on Twitter for life.
@Deepizzaguy Sometimes you just need to do that.
@Daelii (5593)
That sounds like a very productive day! I'm glad the lesson went well. Can I ask what you mean by a new way to do the study? Today has been great. Relaxing and easy!
You've read my Bible Studies many times. This wasn't a Bible Study. I am teaching her how to navigate through the Bible, so she knows where to find various books and passages when pastor is preaching. It's very difficult not knowing your way around the Bible and not being able to find something before the whole teaching is over. So that's what I'm teaching. I've never done it before, so this is new for me. I know how to get around the Bible, I've never thought about teaching it though. It was a lot of fun for the first lesson, for both of us.
@Daelii (5593)
@just4him that's awesome! It never occurred to me someone wouldn't know how to do that. It should have! Not everyone is blessed with attending Sunday school or equivalent ... I'm still trying to get use to my kids not doing sermon with me!
@Daelii Why aren't they? Are you talking about home or church. Are they in Children's Church? Is that why?
@MsBooklover (3899)
What a day you had! That study is going so well for you, and it was the first time. You are doing well with Thread of Evidence. What a title! What are you making with the burger? Over one hundred notifications!
127 plus because they kept coming in all day. They are now under control and I'm hoping to be finished with them before I go to bed. With my diet, I tried something totally different for me, and I have to say, it was pretty good - beanless chili. No pasta either, just the meat and spices.
@just4him You get all those notifications because you have excellent discussions. I have heard of meatless chili.
@MsBooklover I have too, but this was beanless.
my day is a long story.Val
I hope you're feeling better.
@just4him a bit better thank you.
@aureliah (16091)
You will be so blessed for uplifting those that are willing to be closer to God.
Thank you for saying so.
@aureliah (16091)
@just4him most welcome
Sorry the other two didn't show up but glad one did! Also glad about the book. Yay
Thank you. It was a great overall day.
@just4him glad!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I went cycling with a music buddy!
That's great!
@Elizaby (3658)
• Pensacola, Florida
Enjoying being outside today with temps slightly above normal in the mid to upper 60sF (normal is 62F). Right now looking out on the golf course that is acrosss the rain rentension pond and road a quite a few golfers are taking advantage of the weather as clouds begin to roll in as rain is expected tomorrow as the next cold front comes through but temps aren't expected to drop that much with them
I'm glad things are back to normal for you. We've got crazy not normal weather here.
good day. Hope it is a productive one
It is, thank you.
@Mamygel (24)
Thats great , you must be a good teacher
Thank you. I try to be.
@averygirl72 (16656)
That's nice sharing the Bible to others helping them to navigate the Bible. Good luck to the book you are writing
Thank you. It was an enjoyable time with her.
They say it is good to let novels 'rest' between edits. Glad you enjoyed your session with your friend.
Thank you. I did. Yes. It gives it fresh eyes when you get back to it.
It does make you feel good to be able to teach someone something they did not know.
Yes, it does.