Frugal Shopping: Dollar Tree DVD Haul Edition

Ponce De Leon, Florida
When I walked into work today I noticed that we had gotten some dvds on the truck while I was off, so naturally that was the first thing I looked at- since I was early for work. I only picked up four, but I am pretty excited about watching them. The four I did pick up were: -The Hero of Color City -American Hero -Sweetwater -Oxford Murders I will admit that the only reason that I bought Oxford Murders is because John Hurt is in it. And I love his acting. Have you gotten any good deals recently?
I have seen Oxford Murders with Elijah Wood. Sweetwater is an offbeat western I liked. Have not seen American Hero or the cartoon.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I didn't figure you would of seen the cartoon, and American Hero is a comedy which I know you don't watch a lot of. I am excited for Oxford Murders, it has John Hurt in it.
@moffittjc (42016)
• Gainesville, Florida
Haven't scored any great deals lately, but I'm always keeping my eyes open for them. I have to pay for my daughter's cap and gown and graduation announcements, and also pay for her Grad Night tickets, so I probably won't be making many purchases of other things for a while.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Well that's okay you bought a whole hardware store at Christmas. lol.
@moffittjc (42016)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns That is true! I did buy an entire hardware store. I have also realized that I have no room to store all those tools! lol
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@moffittjc Time to buy a new house. Just move up here. We can start our own bar.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
At the moment I am trying to eliminate stuff....not add more.... The less spent, also means I'll have a few extra dollars for decorating in our new home.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I will pay a few bucks for movies, instead of paying for Netflix, or cable. We also paused amazon prime for a couple months, since I don't want to pay the yearly- we pay the monthly and it just isn't needed right now.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
@thislittlepennyearns we borrows movies and tv series from our local library. Free! The price I like best.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Morleyhunt I haven't switched my license over to this county so i would have to pay $25 for a library card and that's not something i want to do. most of the dvds i buy online i pay for with online earnings so its not like its money coming out of my pocket.
It sounds as if you are all set for awhile in the entertainment department! Hope you enjoy these movies! No, I did not watch these as i admit i never heard of them, Just hoping they are great!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
You should look some of them up, they are good.
@thislittlepennyearns I think I may see if i can find them on Netflix as my sister and i cannot figure out how to even turn on my DVD player as my mom always did that part.
@Spontaneo (1154)
My local Dollar Tree has a bunch of new fitness stuff! Woo Hoo! A zillion Jillian Michaels workout DVDs!!! cellular phone wrist bands, jump ropes, stretch cords, weights, etc. Very nice, also.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Yeah we got those about a month and a half ago.
@Spontaneo (1154)
@thislittlepennyearns Are dinnerware from Dollar Tree OK to place in the microwave?
I haven't seen any of those movies so will be looking forward to how you liked them. Wow that's quite a bargain too and I've never seen DVD's at the Dollar Store
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
We get them in at Dolar Tree about every four to six months, keep an eye out. We have gotten some good ones.
Were these at the dollar tree? I didnt realize they sold dvds. Good job!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Yep! They were. About every 4-6 months we get DVDS on the truck. It's happened twice since I started working in August. Check your Dollar Tree out.
• Riga, Latvia
Haven't done any shopping lately. I don't know those movies. Hope you enjoy them.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I will.
Glad you found some good deals on movies.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Plenty of entertainment for the next few days.
Not familiar with any of these titles but good for you getting a good deal.
Havent seen any of those ones. Hope you enjoy them.