Does anyone know anything about sweet tamarinds?

A while back I saw this package of sweet tamarind pods and heard they were wonderful as an anti inflammatory. I am also trying to find food with these feature due to some aches and pains I occasionally have and it looks good. Problem, I have no idea how to eat them. When I researched on how to use them, I see there is a sour and a sweet tamarind and mostly got recipes for the sour to add to Indian food. Since I got the sweet, I wanted something to help me with using the sweet. I did find this video (the link is below and the kid is amazing, he explains how to crack the pod and that the pulp and seed are both edible). However, though I may eat a few like this, I wonder if there is a good recipe for sweet tamarinds?
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't made a video in a while. I was pretty busy. Anyway... This video will show you the tamarind pod. In this video, I show you how to o...
I do not use sweet tamarind, but online there are plenty of recipes for Sweet Tamarind
https://www.yummly.com/recipes/fresh-sweet-tamarind
Thanks Anna, I am going to save this.
Whoa, the candy looks simple and very good, thanks again!!!! I took a chance and tried them plain and they are super good, I hope I don't eat them up before I can try some of these recipes.
@Carmelanirel2 Try at least to make one recipe.
@Plethos (9051)
im used to boiling them and drinking the tea made from it. straight or with sugar to taste. the pulp gets soft, like a prune when you boil it.
I'm not much of a tea drinker, but my husband is. Do you boil the pulp along with the seeds and the root-like string? How long do you boil it? and I am guessing you strain the pulp before drinking, but do you still consume the boiled pulp?
@Plethos (9051)
@Carmelanirel2 - yes to all. you boil it for a few minutes.
@Plethos Great, I might try that too..
@dodoazo (16041)
Tamarind ripe fruit
I live in the Philippines we grow that tamarind tree. It bears both sour and sweet fruit. The sour one is used to enhance the taste of a stewed fish or meat. The sweet one is used as a jelly for sandwich fillings.
I took a chance and tried it, it is sooo good..However, I didn't eat the seeds, but are the seeds where most of the nutrients are?
@dodoazo (16041)
@Carmelanirel2 we don't eat the seeds. We either throw them or use them to grow another tamarind.
@dodoazo I wondered about that, thanks..
@prashu228 (25792)
yes i know but never tasted
@dodoazo (16041)
Try to buy it in your nearest mall if there's any. I don't if you can order it from online store.
I know nothing about them but I see Anna has found a link for you. Hope you find something you like.
I did, I want to try the candy and I want to try the tea as well.
@Carmelanirel2 You'll be able to write another discussion on all you've found out.
@JudyEv I will, if I can.
The tamarind grows in South China.Although I have seen them ,but have never eaten them.Don't know if the link below helps.
Learn more about tamarind nutrition facts, health benefits, healthy recipes, and other fun facts to enrich your diet.
Hello @changjiangzhibin89, yes, Ithat is a wonderful link, I would love to try the dressing or the chicken recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.
@Carmelanirel2 You are welcome ! I am glad that you like the recipe.
I am not aware about them, What are they ?