Neil Diamond Retiring From Concert Tours!

Neil Diamond has sung for 50 years and has achieved rare fame as someone who's music has been used in almost every possible way. He has announced being diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and as a result he will no longer tour. His music will continue but live performances are now a thing of the past. What are your memories of the singer? Favorite songs?
Grammy Award winning singer and songwriter Neil Diamond announced he has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and is retiring from concert touring. Read m...
The only positive thing that can be said is that he is about 77 so he was not struck down in his prime. Diamond has earned legendary performer status.
@JohnRoberts Very true! He made it through his prime before being struck with Parkinson's.
My favorite song of his is "America."
@Corbin5 Yes, I think that one is my favorite of his too.
@Susan2015 It really is a song that makes one proud of America.
@Corbin5 Yes it sure does.
Good afternoon.Yes I heard about this.So sad there.There are so many tune there I love. Song Sung blues,Oh Caroline so many.that is shame.not sure how severe that he has there or did it just started?
So sad. One of my favorite song from Neil Diamond is "Sweet Caroline". Lots of good memories attached to it .
@FourWalls (12921)
How sad, and just before his birthday (he'll be 77 tomorrow). One of my favorites, largely forgotten:
Live '71 Glen Campbell Comedy Hour
This is sad news
• Riga, Latvia
As you see I corrected the mistake.l It was a PC glitch giving me the wrong link,.
• Riga, Latvia
So sad for him but of course his music is there for the generations to enjoy. Love his songs. Among my favorites is
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline High Quality to Live Audience in Neil Diamond's Early Years.
That is such a shame. He has written some great music and is also a wonderful performer. His performance in West Australia has been cancelled and his many fans will be devastated.