Learning To Do Other Things

While I like learning new things, there are some accounting things I don’t want to know or do. I’ve never been into numbers and like the Law side of the place where I work much better. But this is the time of the year where I’ll be doing more and more accounting stuff even though I'm a Secretary. It’s always good to learn but that’s not my favorite thing and we do get a bonus after the tax season. But I’ll do my best and it does add to my resume and skills.
I feel bad for everyone who has to work during tax season and deal with all those numbers. At least you have a bonus to look forward to as well as learning some new skills.
@Marilynda1225 Yes people are starting to make their appts. It would be nice if when they come in, they have everything they need to do the taxes. Instead, a lot of the folders sit and sit and we have to call and remind them that we need all the info.
@Susan2015 yes it would be nice if people came prepared. I'm sure it's frustrating having to call and remind people
@Marilynda1225 Then you have the ones who say they have everything. And after the taxes are done, they call and say they found something else to be included, and then they have to amend the taxes, it's not hard, but it can frustrate the ones who prepare the taxes sometimes.
Math is not something I do well at all. Glad you will give the accounting stuff a try. It really is a good skill to have.
@Corbin5 I have never been good at math at all.
@Susan2015 I stink at math.
@BabeSays (5615)
• Mauritius
Hahaha Hi5 I am not good in maths either.
You are adding an asset to your baggage of skills which is GOOD for you,
Numbers are not my strong point at all. I much prefer 'words'.
@nela13 (9328)
• Portugal
I understand you, I have never been good at maths
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Always good to learn more
Always good to expand your horizons.
@alberello75 (19222)
• Genova, Italy
it's always good, learn something new. It does not matter, if you ever put it into practice!
Always good to add another skill to your resume.