Sounds Like Fun

The company that I work for is family-owned. This family is not Christian and therefore, does not celebrate Christmas. We were not given a Christmas gift by our owner, and there were no decorations. And it didn't seem like a very big deal. A lot of our vendors still gave us gifts, small gadgets, pens, hats, flowers and a lot of sweets. So the holidays did not go unnoticed. Our new and third location is almost ready for us to move in. The new furniture, computers and tools have been delivered and set up. The anticipation is growing as this has been in the works for a couple of years. On February 4th, our owner is hosting a Holiday/SuperBowl Party at the new location for us. I couldn't care less about the football, but the rest of it, yeah, put me down for that please! And our new workplace will be officially unveiled to us all. That in itself is exciting and I am looking forward to that as it sound like fun. I love "holiday" parties that are held in the new year, this is becoming more and more popular.
@irishidid (8521)
There are a lot of non-Christians and I know of at least one atheist who celebrate Christmas.
The people that I work for are in another religion and do not celebrate it at all.
• Olney, Illinois
I'm not an athlete and therefore don't celebrate the Super Bowl.
That sport does nothing for me, and the NFL organization is so political that even fans on our side of the border are getting fed up with it.
I am glad that you love "holiday" parties in the new year, I am sure you will enjoy this one.
When I went for my first interview the owner spoke about the new dealership that was in the making. Seeing this happen is exciting as it is like a pinnacle in his career, and I'm happy for him. Its nice to celebrate things together like this will be.
@Juliaacv I am glad that he loves to share his success with you.
@Plethos (9051)
At least your understanding on the xmas situation. Have fun at the holiday party.
Thank you!
Sounds a great plan to me. Hope you have a marvellous party when it arrives.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
I am sure that you will love the party.
It will be weird going to a party at what will be my new workplace. How will I ever get serious there again?
Sounds like you have a lot of fun coming your way!!! Very exciting too.
I'm looking forward to it. I kidded the boss today, I reminded him that I'm not a football fan but asked if I could still go to the party. He laughed and told me that I could but would need to bring my hubby as he knows that he is a fan.
It isn't so much about the football game but the eats and socializing.
I'm looking forward to the eating, socializing and to seeing our new and big workplace.
@Morleyhunt (18985)
Three years ago I travelled across the continent on SuperBowl Sunday and Monday and Tuesday. It became a marathon trip which began in Depoe Bay, Oregon early on Sunday morning and eventually ended when we arrived home at supper time on Tuesday. This year I'm again planning on travelling that day...I sure hope the weather is better. January/February tend to be drab months...a party sure adds some spice.
The month of December can be so busy as it is so its nice to have something in the new year. Our former workplace did the same thing, it was on a very big scale, but it was always held in January. This is a bit late, but its a celebration of having the new place ready, he was so busy during December because of this, so there wouldn't have been time or energy to do a Christmas party in December.
@tzwrites (4392)
Free food and drinks & I'll celebrate any sport . I don't even like football but there is so much hype around the superbowl that you can't help hearing all the details.