Trees, Trees And More Trees

Its not going to get any warmer till Spring so I planned to get some work done today at the old home place. A huge limb of the old shade tree fell after the last cold, ice and snow week. Its not in anyone`s way, just laying in the side part of the yard but maybe, if things work out, I will get started on removing that today. I have one tree that is small and half is on my uncle and half is on the elderly ladies yard, but they are all okay with it till I can get it done, mostly because no one walks where its at. That is the plan for this afternoon. Trees. How is your Wednesday going?
It's 7 am so just getting going and have yet to have breakfast.
Almost 10 am here.
We had many monster trees cut before we came to Florida. Our son is good about clearing branches and fallen trees for us. It's never ending living where we do. I had a bike ride, which went fast this morning. Hubby is with a friend looking at a watch he's coveting. Later, drinks at my brother's condo and out to dinner with him and sis in law. They fly home tomorrow.
Same here with the trees and branches. Have fun today!
@andriaperry Thanks!
I need to invest in a small chain saw to get rid of a few larger fallen branches, but that's gonna be a few more weeks after I get my taxes.
I want a small gas powered, I was talked into the electric chain saws which sucks if the power goes out! I can only use it at home and well, I am sure I can run a few extension cords for these. The power is on at the old home plate.
@andriaperry My Boss offered to loan me his electric, but I'm wanting a gas powered one as well.
Are you going to have to use a chainsaw to cut it up more to move it?
Yes, but Tony wont "allow" me to use it, yet. He thinks I am stupid and will cut myself.
@andriaperry my dad treats me the same way with everything
Make a teepee outta the tree limb, at the top you could tie an old pair of raggidy jeans and call it Art.
Ya know! I could do that right here and it would stop the hunters also.
Just make sure to take a picture of it so we can see it too @andriaperry
I want to buy a chain saw to get rid of some small trees that grew up in wrong places.
I will get a small gas power next.
@andriaperry I want a gas powered, I do not want to have a cord attached.
@FayeHazel (18007)
I hope the tree project goes well
Thank you. How are you feeling?
@FayeHazel (18007)
@andriaperry I'm getting a bit better day by day .... just to get my energy back now
Not very well.Read my post there and you can see why.
I did and I am so sorry that happened.
@andriaperry same here.Pretty upset on this.
I so envy you! I used to do this too and loved it. But now, not strong enough but miss it a lot.
May I ask how old you are Marlina? I am 52 and I feel, or just think, I am still young.
It is icy on sidewalks here. Streets not too bad, but when I visited my dad at the nursing home, the parking lot was a recipe for a nasty fall if one was not careful.
They need to salt it!
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
A relaxing day off here
Enjoy your day off!
@jobelbojel (7142)
My Wednesday was so-so. Had a stressful day at work.
@bagarad (12151)
• Paso Robles, California
My day has been pretty peaceful. Our church had a work party to clean up the pine trees we had removed when they threatened to fall on the mobile home and outbuildings. One of the men is an insurance agent who is helping to find us another insurer before our current insurance, which won't renew us, runs out on Feb 6. He is also helping us get the property in shape so it will be insurable again. That's why those trees had to go. All this happened when we were both unable to function normally or even drive. Today I've done little but cook and work on the computer. I made a batch of beans and put three servings in the freezer. I took pictures of the containers I used for freezing because I'll be reviewing them in a blog post. I also started reading a review copy of a book an author sent me that I promised to review. I'm hoping to start at least one review tonight. I also have to work more on my city park blog. I'm having trouble getting much blogging done. Just too many other things to do.
I used to pull out saplings growing in the wrong place in our garden mostly the work of birds. They drop seeds everywhere. But now I have decided to keep them. Soon there will be a jungle here (lol)
@Plethos (10315)
most trees here are indian laurel, rosewood, mesquite, eucalyptus and magnolia. limbs breaking off mostly happen during strong winds.
We have a couple of small trees to deal with too but they are okay till we get around to it.