What a Difference

Winston Salem, North Carolina
A week ago the air was frigid, the birdbath was solid ice and there were eight inches of snow on the ground. The last couple of days have been sunshiny and downright balmy. This evening I decided it was time to try something new and chose to spend a bit of time flat-water canoeing. The scenery was a bit repetitious and I got a little dizzy, but my arms got a good workout and I got some fresh air and sunshine. Spring seems to be just around the corner!
You do look happy in your boat on the water. I'm glad you got a good workout and your snow is gone.
I always look happy. My smile is painted on making frowning extremely difficult .
@Platespinner Are you trying to tell me there are times your smile isn't genuine?
@just4him I try to turn my head away at times when smiling might be deemed inappropriate.
In a couple months, snow due here next week.
Pessimist .
@UncleJoe (9720)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT! It's a trick!
My canoe or the weather?
@UncleJoe (9720)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Platespinner The weather, of course. Freezing last week and balmy today. You know how fickle the weather is. We could be up to our eyes in white stuff next week. Winter ain't over yet. March 26, 1971 hit the whole Southeast with a 2 day blizzard. I remember the date so well because it was my wedding day.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
@UncleJoe funny how dates stick in our minds. We had a snowfall on mothers day in 1970....I remember because mom didn't want me to wear my good shoes to church. When I came out of the service to several inches of snow....I ran home in bare feet.
Looks like the perfect size pool for a guy your size
It was kind of small for a canoing adventure. I had to keep going around in circles.
@Platespinner My mother has a round pool that really isn't very big and she swims around and around for 3 hours a day
@shaggin does it look like a whirlpool?
And don't you just look the ants pants sitting in that cute canoe?
Are you flirting with me?
@Platespinner Weeellll - you're certainly a good-looking little guy. But you're much too young for me so you don't need to worry. I married my toyboy but something has gone seriously wrong and he now looks nearly as old as me despite being 9 months younger! So I'm not about to make that mistake again!
@JudyEv we need a laughing emoji that actually rolls.
@dodoazo (17727)
You have enjoyed your flat-water canoeing, haven't you? Be of good cheer for spring is coming. It's for you you have 4 seasons. Ours is only 2 distinct seasons, the wet and the dry.
My attempt at canoeing was much more successful than my attempt at skiing was last week!
@dodoazo (17727)
@Platespinner I see. As I see in the movie skiing is too risky especially plying the high mountain sloping down the plain. Canoeing is easier. Isn't it?
@dodoazo If you follow the link, you will see what happened when I tried my hand (feet?) at skiing last week. Canoeing was definitely easier. Not as exciting but easier.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
I see that your "popped bottom" has unpopped. I look at the forecast and am not so sure that spring is just around the corner.
I don't believe in weather forecasts. I go with what is. Yesterday felt springy.
@Morleyhunt (19720)
@Platespinner sounds like a plan...but I'd like to have some idea of what I might experience as I drive east?
@Srbageldog (8350)
Glad your popped bottom is all healed and that you were able to get out and enjoy the nice weather!
I don't heal, I get reassembled. It was a quick and painless procedure. There are advantages to being made of Lego.
@Platespinner Well, at any rate, I am glad you are in one piece again.
@kobesbuddy (43449)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm glad your weather is warming up, ours has gotten a lot nicer, also. Now, we're getting rain, which is to be expected.
we had some rain overnight Monday, but yesterday and today were both sunshiny and mild.
@kobesbuddy (43449)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Platespinner It's chilly hear, but much nicer than a week ago.
That is nice that you got a good workout.
yes, we went from sub zero temps a week ago, maybe 10 days ago, to 62 degrees yesterday. crazy.
Be careful staying there too long, not to be picked up by some big bird. I do not believe that Spring is just around the corner.
Now that's a really nice lego photo. Glad you had a great day canoeing. It's really nice to do outdoor activities when the weather is cooperating.