Scar escapes...again!!!

Scar is fairly hard on his lead...he snapped his first one a few times, and the one he had now was showing some signs of weakening, so I decided to replace it yesterday before it broke and I had to go out searching for him (which he's managed to get loose in one form or another 7 or 8 times...and he's pretty good at hiding). The photo shows how his old lead was getting rust spots inside the plastic coating...that is where it weakens and he ends up snapping it going after something, usually another cat. So of course, I assumed the problem was taken care of. Until I went out yesterday evening to call him in...and there at the end of the brand new lead was nothing but an empty collar. I got lucky...he hadn't gone very far and when I hollered for him, he answered from the side of the house and came walking around the corner to me. Brat. I guess I'm gonna need to invest in a different style of collar that he can't work loose and slip over his head.
Scar is a tough little hombre seeking freedom from the shackles.
What about a harness? They seem to be harder to remove.
Um...you are more than welcome to come here every 5 minutes and try to put a harness on him.
@JolietJake Oh, I forgot you're dealing with Scar.
@JudyEv Yep. He said it ain't happenin'.
I never allowed my dog out of the house. Sometimes I let him in but this morning was a disaster as he poop and pee all over the living room. He got out twice though and one time he got hit by a tricycle but he didn't get injured and run.
That is the problem with my dog, when he was on a lead, he would just slide out of them.
He is schneaky, one time he pulled the stake out of the ground and I was chasing him dragging the whole thing behind him
@JolietJake Harley did that too but he got stuck in the blackberry bushed, full of thorns and I had to go get him
He is one smart little guy-he gets his smarts from somewhere...
@louievill (18671)
You might want to consider military spec paracord or parachute cord, it's very tough cause it has inner strands yet very light.
@BarBaraPrz (19853)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Have you thought of putting in an enclosed catio for him?
He couldn't sit out front hassling the squirrels though
The little panther did it again. Scar is incredibly strong.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Hmmmm, a harness or an electric shock collar @JolietJake . Or an 8' fence. $$$$$$$$$$
I was so worried you lost him. I am glad you found him! i don't let Onyx out, Though twice he escaped out the door and i caught him on the porch, Now i do not open the door without him in his bedroom with the door closed. I feel bad, but i close him in his room as i don't want him escaping. He is my life, and i am petrified of losing him
@FourWalls (13770)
He's after me for what I did to that coffee pot. Please lock him up tight!!!
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
Gosh! Scar is really up to something I guess you can put some chip detector
You can use a harness on him when he is outside. He can’t slip that.
Yeah, if I don't mind not having any skin on my arms. It's hard enough just trying to put a collar on him.
@Plethos (10315)
put a collar on him with an anchor hanging off it like a charm.
I may end up getting the type that buckles like a belt, I don't think he'll be able to loosen one of those.
@EddieHands (37845)
wow well of course he gets away.. Scar is the ruler of the universe! he should be able to escape easily !
@kobesbuddy (46636)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Thank heavens, Scar hadn't gone out of the yard! One time our cat came up missing, for a week. My son was crying and he felt so bad about it. Then, she walked up to our side door and begged to get in! It never happened again, so we believe that Mindy had been shut in somewhere. We had her for 18 years
He fooled you didn't he?
@renicemae (3368)
You better have a youtube channel exclusively for Scar. People love cats and they'll definitely love Scar!
@dodoazo (19684)
Scar is wise as his master. Am I not right? He doesn't want to be shackled or chained forever. I know you get him loose once in awhile to play or do his thing outside the house, don't you?
No, I never let him loose. He is always on a 25 foot lead when he goes out, but I do take him for walks occasionally.
@dodoazo (19684)
@JolietJake I see. He is well secured. That is good.
He's clever. Good job he hadn't gone far.
Usually I have to do a bit of searching