Don't Know if I'm Coming or Going

What a wild morning I've had. We drove my brother, our sister-in-law, and their dog, Lulu, to the airport. We were 10 minutes away on the highway, when our sister-in-law called frantically from my brother's phone to ask if she had left her phone in the car. Sure enough, there it was on the back seat, so we got off the highway, turned around, and back to the airport we went. We stopped at our jeweler in our little downtown, but he was closed. I needed a battery and a repair. This jeweler opens when he feels like it. Lol! Off we headed to buy a watch for my husband. He's been coveting this particular watch for years and made several visits to this watch shop this week. I told him to just buy the darn thing, so yesterday he called the jeweler and told him he'd pick it up today or tomorrow. Well, good thing he called while we were out having brunch. The jeweler wasn't in, so we will get it tomorrow. That's another 45 minute drive and possible brunch. We went to the market, then returned to our little town to drop off my jewelry. Yay! The jeweler decided to open for business! And now I am home and guess who just landed??? I shall return. I want to scrub off my makeup and put on shorts and a t-shirt.
take a nice deserved rest now, You sound like you had a busy day! hope you have a less hectic rest of your day!
I developed a headache from stress this morning during brunch. I finally took Extra Strength Tylenol. The rest of the day will be a do nothing day. lol
@DianneN I am so sorry you developed that headache. I hope the Tylenol helped it go away quickly. Dr. Onyx suggests I take Tylenol when I have a headache, and it always works! I hope you didn't do anything else stressful yesterday and have no stress today.
@Marty1 Thanks. The headache returned this morning, but went away after my Tylenol. Yay!
@dodo19 (33320)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does sound like a busy time. Hopefully, you get time to relax a little bit.
I didn't exercise today, and now have a headache from all this running around. lol
@dodo19 (33320)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@DianneN Sorry to hear you have a headache. Hopefully you feel better soon.
@dodo19 Thank you. It's beginning to go away.
you have all the fun there.
Just loads!
@DianneN that what keep you looking young there.
@amadeo Thank you, but not up close!
Well great to hear that at the end it all worked out. You deserve a rest now.
Oh, I'm resting and nursing a whopper of a headache.
@DianneN hope your headache went away and you feel much better now.
@RasmaSandra Thanks. I woke up with it again, but it's long gone.
@zarlamain (24889)
You are having a very busy day! I hope you take a break later!
Oh, I'm taking the rest of the day off. It gave me such a headache!!!
@zarlamain (24889)
@DianneN I hope you feel much better! Eat something delicious too!
@zarlamain I'm still stuffed from brunch. Dinner should be interesting tonight. lol Thank you. I waited too long to take Extra Strength Tylenol, but it may be starting to kick in now! Yay!!!
@moffittjc (44667)
• Gainesville, Florida
That sound like my life, sans the jewelry and airline flights! lol Between two jobs, my girlfriend and the kids, I don't ever know if I'm coming or going. Someone once asked me how come I hardly ever get sick. I told them that the moment I slow down and try to take a break, it will all coming crashing down! From my perspective, I just don't have time to get sick! lol
I hear you! Whatever you do, don't get sick. I wound up with a horrible headache that returned the next day.
@moffittjc (44667)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN Man, I felt like I was getting sick this weekend....congestion, aching head, scratchy throat...but it hasn't seemed to have gotten any worse, so it might just be a cold or allergies or sinuses or something small. At least I hope so!
@moffittjc Yikes! I know some who had that, and felt better in a couple of days. Others needed cough medicine and an antibiotic. I hope you feel much better soon Jeff and aren't sick enough to need an antibiotic.
@m_audrey6788 (13669)
I`ll be waiting for the answer
Lol! I always worry when they fly.
@DianneN I know the feeling when my husband used to travel alone and I have to stay in my country
@m_audrey6788 I only get nervous when family travels, but never when I do. Crazy!
That sounds like a lot of running around. So sad the jeweler wasn't open when you went there the first time. I hope you were able to relax in shorts and t-shirt.
I'm relaxing and nursing a wicked headache. What an unusual morning for me!
@DianneN It sounds like an unusual morning. I hope the headache goes away soon.
@just4him It was very unusual for me. I like routine! lol The headache is subsiding. Thank you! Just spent over 1 hour on the phone talking to our younger son.
Can you imagine life without cars? We'd be in big trouble - better to run around in a car than actually have to run around by foot . Sounds like you got what you needed to get done - so all was worth it!
You certainly make a good point! It would be awfully difficult walking them to the airport and then returning on foot to give them the smartphone left in the....... Have to go back tomorrow to get the watch. My husband never spends money on himself, and is so excited. I encouraged him to get it. If anyone deserves anything around here, it's him.
@DianneN You guys are so good to each other ! Hope he enjoys his new watch !
@much2say He LOVES it! I'm so happy for him.
What a busy day that sounds! LOL, my days are all shorts and shirts with no makeup.
Tell me that you don't leave the house in shorts!!!! Brrrrr! lol
@DianneN 80% of the year.
@Courtlynn I'd wear shorts with high boots if someone twisted my arm. lol
He loose more customers that way. Reminds me of that school supplies owned by a middle age man who went raging on me after being refused to rent on our place. He chose to close his business when he was needed to. And he used to put an antenna on our space with out permission !
I'm sure he lost lots of business over the years. Your guy sounds like a nut!!!! lol
@DianneN maybe he's already rich or something. but anyways, he's not doing his business a favour. kinda reminds me of our tenant who isn't active over the last few days.
@Letranknight2015 Who knows why people do what they do? Some are very odd! lol
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
What a busy time you've had. Not sure if you meant your brother and sister-in-law have landed or the Osprey.
Ha Ha! I just stopped myLotting to watch an osprey catch a fish. It's a bit windy outside, and the poor thing struggled. I opened my window to clap and cheer him on, but the wind blew everything off my desk except for those heavy doughballs! My brother is home! Sigh of relief.
@kobesbuddy (52923)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You and your friend, the Floridian Osprey want to sit relaxing in the sun:)
Not today. I have such a headache from my morning. My brother and brood arrived home while we we schlepping from place to place. lol
@kobesbuddy (52923)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DianneN I'm glad you're back home, so sorry you developed a headache:(
@kobesbuddy I'm happy to be back home. Mornings like this I don't need. I didn't even have time to exercise!
@FayeHazel (19112)
Oh wow, what a hectic day! I hope tomorrow is relaxing and husband gets his watch. I'm sure he is excited.
He got his watch today and is thrilled over it!!!! I'm so happy for him. He never shops for himself. He's always thinking of others. Btw, I received a text from Dr. Jay today. He's in Bogata and needed a favor from us. He left yesterday and will return Sunday for business. You may want to pay him a surprise visit!!!!
@FayeHazel (19112)
@DianneN Husband sounds very kind and thoughtful. I'm sure he will be pleased every time he looks at his watch. :-) Bogata, as in Columbia? Wow! Ohhhh I would love to surprise him in so many ways. lol. Did I say it out loud?
@FayeHazel My hubs is such a nice guy and well loved by all. That watch makes my heart burst for him. Dr. Jay arrived home a few minutes ago. He's all yours to surprise! LOL!!! Warning: he may be exhausted! Ha ha!
After work ends late tonight, then I will wipe off make up and change into jammies but that won't be till well after 10pm ! All my shorts are in storage till March . . .
I can relate! Hope you have a good work evening.
@DianneN actually it was a fund raiser for our Senator Sherrod Brown and he was quite appreciative of our company's (well mine specifically) effort to make it a GREAT turnout !
@enlightenedpsych2 That's awesome!!!!!
If we really want a thing, we can't even sleep just thinking about it. That's how I feel when I saw something I like but don't have the money yet. The moment I have money I buy it. So, your hubby just did the right thing, because anyway, he has the money always.
Lol! He likes to spend his money on me and the kids. He loves his new watch! I'm so happy he finally treated himself to something so special.
@DianneN That's so sweet of your husband! You are lucky to have a husband like him.
@SIMPLYD Thank you. I'm blessed to have him.
Orville?? just kidding. I give up, who landed? If you say santa I'll have to hibernate for a while.
. My brother almost beat us home. Imagine that?
Wait, you're already heading home @DianneN ? You did mean home where there's winter, right?
@rebelann My brother almost beat us flying home to Connecticut before we made it back to our condo in Florida.
@bluesa (14319)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
You have been having a crazy busy time! I am happy your husband finally got the watch he wanted. Have a fabulous weekend, Dianne.
He is going to pick it up later by himself. I'm done!!! I have a headache that began at brunch yesterday, left, and returned. I woke up with it today.
@bluesa (14319)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN I hope you're feeling better by now, and that you're having a fantastic weekend
@bluesa Aww, thank you! I'm feeling great and have been having a wonderful weekend.
The first thing I do when I get home from anywhere is wash my face and change into more comfortable 'home' clothes.
It's always a relief. I forgot to add that I always remove my contact lenses and pop on my reading glasses, too.
@DianneN I don't have contacts but I have been known to try to wash my face with my glasses on.
Wow - shorts and a t-shirt sound good for the middle of January. Would that be Orville who landed?
It's warm but quite breezy today. Orville is fine and busy, lol, but my point was that my brother and brood arrived all the way back home shortly after we did. It was a very long morning and afternoon. I could have flown home, too.
@DianneN Oh right - I got it wrong
@jaboUK You weren't the only one. My faulty writing, but I still love you!