Quite a busy day doing what needs to be done

Pixabay free image
Eugene, Oregon
I had dermatologist check up at 9 this morning and that went well. Anne has the virus that I am just about over, so I have been chief cook and bottle washer for two days now. After the appointment, I stopped at Trader Joe's with a short list, on to a drug store for some meds for Anne, then a regular grocery store for things I forgot at TJ's. (Yes, I had a list!) Then it was home to empty the dishwasher (I forgot to run last night), the kitchen floor needed mopping (sloppy cook) and the dust bunnies were looking for the vacuum cleaner. Don't forget lunch; I enhanced a blue can of Chicken Rotini soup with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, more broth and some frozen green beans and a ham sandwich (for me); soup was all she could eat. She saw the doc yesterday and her coughing is a bit better. I have some skinless chicken thighs that will have something good done to them for dinner, not sure what yet. Relaxing a bit this afternoon before dinner prep calls. Ohhh, I forgot that load of stuff in the dryer.
So glad you are there to take care of house and home, and especially Anne!! I hope she feels better soon.
• Eugene, Oregon
So do I! The doc was considering a chest x-ray, but she was a little better this morning when she spoke with him.
@JamesHxstatic Oh, thank goodness. I do hope she is on the mend. I will be glad when this scary season of illness is over.
• Eugene, Oregon
@Corbin5 Yes, it has been a bad one. I have had nothing like this, maybe ever, yet not the flu. Just severe head/chest colds, bad coughs, no fever, and zero energy.
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
You are a wonderful husband to get what needs to be done - done. My husband was a chef in another life so I don't have to cook but he has never meet a dust mop. I'm not complaining because I love not having to cook, and he doesn't seem to notice dust bunnies and I always wait until he is in the house to bring out the dust mops, the vacuums and dust rags.....
• Eugene, Oregon
I never met a dust mop I liked. And those bunnies have to get pretty big for me to notice them. I think dusting is a foreign to men.
What a lovely husband to have around at all times.
• Eugene, Oregon
Awww, shoot,
Sounds like you had a lot to do today. The best part of the day might be the chicken thighs...
Wow, I am very impressed. Well done and I'm sure Anne appreciates all your TLC.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, she does, it was her turn last week.
@JamesHxstatic I hope you're both fully well soon.
Sounds like a good dinner coming up.
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
Anne must feel relieved that you are so capable when you take over.
• Eugene, Oregon
I think that she is, we try to be there for each other.
@valmnz (12759)
• New Zealand
@JamesHxstatic we're like that here too. We are both lucky!
• Eugene, Oregon
@valmnz That is what relationships are about, I guess.
Good for you! You left everything in apple-pie order !Anne was surely delighted with all you have done.Hope she will get well soon!
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you!
@hereandthere (31008)
i also forget things even when i have a list because i felt confident i got them all.
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes, sometimes, I even look at the list.
James, what a life huh? I hope Anne feels better soon. Coughs can really do us in. I always found it hard to get rid of mine.