Limit 3 coupons only.. well I’m using 4!

We went grocery shopping at Vons/Safeway. I was lured in by the new Annie’s Organic Sweet Treats. They’re advertised as $3.49 each or, $2.49 each if you purchase 4. I purchased 4. Plus each box had a $1 manufacture peel coupons, so that’ll be $1.49 each. Great deal right? Up until I got to the cashier. He looked at me & said I don’t know if we can use those coupons. Well they’re on the box from the manufacture. He glances and says the coupon says DO NOT DOUBLE, yeah - as in it’s $1 off coupon, so you can’t take $2 off. Then he goes I don’t know. Well, go ask a manager. The so called manager said limit “3” like coupons. Hello? I’m buying 4, and I’m using 4. She told me the policy is “3” like coupons. I asked to see the policy, and she couldn’t show me. When he scanned 3 coupons, he looked at her and I said go scan, there will be no override or manager required. I was right, no problem! People sure act as if they own the store and make up any rules they want. I looked up the policy online when I left and there isn’t a limit on amount of like coupons. You just can’t use two like coupons for the ONE item. I’m using 4 like coupons for 4 different products. Like seriously, each box had a coupon. The manufactures want people to try the new products.
They also act like they lose out money or something themselves, or like its such a hassle to do a few coupons. Ugh. Well glad you got them all used!
They totally do. The coupons were right off the box, its not hard to scan. He did not have any problems scanning it. Deducted just fine.
@infatuatedbby right. Ugh. Glad there was no prpblems with the coupons, now if only tgere wasnt with the people working about them
@Courtlynn Yep no problems at all. :)
@LeaPea2417 (20461)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Coupons can be complicated sometimes. About that Organic "Annie's" Brand, my Mom gave me some boxes of the Organic "Annie's" Brand of macaroni and cheese. I am pretty sure she bought it at Cotscos. I enjoyed trying it.
Looks like some tasty treats and, I agree.
Yep! I love me sweet treats :)
I didn't think there would be a limit on any like coupons, never heard of that! Those were great deals! Hey, so I went to the 99cent store today . . . they had some Annie's stuff there. I only got the Traditional Party Mix . . . but they had the chocolate chip bites, the white cheddar bunnies, and the vanilla/chocolate bunny mix - each only 99cents!
I do see limit 6 at Target, its on the cartwheel app. But Vons, I've never heard of limit. You can get rainchecks at Vons and use the store coupons and so forth. Makes no sense. I don't shop at Vons too often but I do here & there sometimes. :) I went to get some avocados (.69 cents) and lunchables (.88 cents) and some yams & oh turkey meat jennie-O for $1.99. I'm experimenting on cooking.
@infatuatedbby I don't go to Vons as often as we used to either. We used to live a walk away from Vons, but now I go more to Sprouts or Trader Joes. Ohhhh, how's the cooking going?
@much2say There's a lot of Vons witin distance here! But I do like Trader Joe's better. I've also been going to Sprouts. Whole food is remodeled at my area and went yesterday - everything looks way better! The cooking was good , easy to make. I am going to continue to try it and get the cooking fundamental down since we don't cook at all, so its good to learn how much amount to use for everything in-front of us then to plan ourselves. There are also other subscription sites I want to try out =)
@MsBooklover (3912)
I am very surprised that people who work in a grocery store think you cannot use the peel off coupons in as many numbers as you like. If you buy four boxes, you get to use all four coupons. I do think that sometimes people make things up as they go.
I understand if its like printed coupons and they give me a hard time using them (But I didn't use any or have any) but these came right off the box. I peeled them as he was ringing up my items to save him time and he saw me doing it... then, goes I don't know if we can use them. I'm like ITS ON THE BOX, FROM THE BOX, to be used like what the heck? Makes absolutely no sense, then he asks the manager. She asks how many is she trying to use? He goes "4". She goes, limit "3'. Puh'lease! That BS policy.
@infatuatedbby It makes me wonder if they ignorant this common sense issue or what.
@MsBooklover I guess they don't want to save customers money. They want job security and refuse coupons in general. Or, they just want to see who they can fool
@Srbageldog (8598)
I hate when employees make up "policies" on the spot to try to rip you off. I'm glad you were able to use all four coupons.
It wasn't even an existing policy! It's like uh where's the policy then? I hate it too. When you ask them to prove it, I'm like yeah a "verbal policy" then.
@infatuatedbby They just didn't want to honor all of the coupons. Like saving you an extra buck is going to break them.
@Srbageldog I know right? And I mean if I clipped them or printed off the internet and they say that, then I wouldn't be as upset though these came right off the box! I had no intent on buying them but since I like the brand & it's on sale + the coupons on the box, why not! And they should be happy. I made a tiny dent from the shelves, might attract others to buy it too lol!
You were in the right! Imagine a cashier making up the rules! Duh!
Yeah what kind of rules are these. They were on the box!
@infatuatedbby Mr. Cashier's rules.
@DianneN His rules suck
I watch those coupons addicts on some show on cable. Funny how many coupons they use in one trip.
Oh I've watched extreme coupons. They had no problems using that many, but I can't on 4 that are on the box, psh! ! A couple here and there makes me happy already! But these came off the box on the shelve so I didn't even have to look for coupons!
@infatuatedbby ......Nice.
@zarlamain (24525)
I'm glad it worked out and you saved some money!
Thanks!
@zarlamain (24525)
@infatuatedbby Your welcome!
You have to watch these stores sometimes..the problem is when they make a mistake, 9 times out of 10 it is in the stores favor..not yours!
Yeah , they did overcharge me for a bag of snow peas! But I had them fix it. As if they weren't trying rip me off to begin with.
@nela13 (7058)
• Portugal
Sometimes employees want to show that they have some power over us, clients.
Yes I come across that quite often.
@moffittjc (43014)
• Gainesville, Florida
I've never had issues with using coupons before. I don't know why it has to be such an issue with these stores. Why do they care how many coupons are used? They aren't losing money. They take all the coupons they collect, and they send them back to the manufacturer, and the manufacturer refunds them the balance of the coupon PLUS a fraction of a penny. Generally, the cash value of a coupon is 1/7 of a penny, or something similar, meaning if the store submits 7 coupons, they will get an extra penny back plus the value of the coupon. It doesn't sound like much, but when I was a manager at Walmart, we would often send more than 25,000 coupons in for processing each week!
It blows my mind for them to tell me there is such limit. I understand if they’re refusing to use my coupons if they happen to be suspicious but it’s right off the box. I peeled them off the box as the cashier was ringing up other items to save him time. He looked at me and goes, I don’t know if we can use them. It says DO NOT DOUBLE. I was like yeah some places Double and I’m not asking you to double. They’re off the box for $1 off. Like you said, they’re getting the money reimbursed back! It’s a win/win situation. I don’t get it either. I have no problem paying how much it cost but if there’s a coupon in front of me I’m using it! You’re a man of all traits
@ricki_911 (19461)
• Toronto, Ontario
I know it depends on the cashier. I can go to one store and use 6 no issues but then next time they only allow 1. So i say punch them into seperate transactions.
Limit 1! Wow. I've never had a problem especially when the coupons are peelies on the product. But I think coupon usage for Canada is less common then in the states?
• Saint Lucia
You go girl!! Don’t let them prevent you from saving a pretty penny. I love a good sale, discount and coupon! Glad you stood your ground.
Thank you kindly! I love a good sale, discount & coupon too. It was an unexpected purchase but I happen to see the display & wanted to give it a go. :) Not to mention there was no sign or anything saying limit 3 manufacture coupons, ridiculous! It came from the box peelie!
So glad you questioned that policy the store erroneously put in place. It seems we always have to be on guard to avoid being cheated.
I have been cheated a few times and I always prove my point. And they can't say anything about it. :) I don't mind if I'm wrong, but that was made up on the spot!
@ilocosboy (34325)
That's good thing you fight what is proper, instead of helping their costumers these employees trying to argue, which is not good for their store.
I don't want to argue but they were not correct
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
If that's their policy that's their policy. Its up to the managers discretion.
She said limit 3 coupons because I’m buying 4. If it’s their policy - it has to be displayed. I don’t mind if that’s the policy but it’s just a “policy” verbally.
I saw those before but never had them. I can't believe you found such a nice deal. we don't find them here often.
Yep not always good to come by good deals for organic especially :)