Remembering Maggiepie (Connie)

@ElicBxn (60895)
Today - last year, 2017, Maggiepie, who's real name was Connie, died. I believe I mentioned that back on January 6th I went down to her grave and put some silk flowers and a birthday balloon on it. Today I went over to the church she belonged to for a memorial service. It wasn't long, but it was nice. I was the only one there besides the priest. It was a nice service. I am still missing Connie, maybe not as much as I miss my friend Elaine, but that's because Connie had become pretty difficult these last few years. I hope all of you have a lovely weekend, supposed to rain here.
Doesn't seem like it had been a full year yet, but time is odd for me these days... *raises coughee cup* Here's to you Maggie...we didn't always see eye-to-eye, but you were one of a kind to me
@ElicBxn (60895)
I know what you mean about time being odd these days. I also didn't always see eye-to-eye with her in all the 40+ years I knew her, and because she always thought she was right, it was just best to not tell her. But I did agree with her about most things, which was why we were friends for so many years.
@pyewacket (44036)
@ElicBxn I can't believe it's been a year either already and like @JolietJake I didn't see eye to eye with her also, but she was still a very sweet person
@ElicBxn (60895)
@pyewacket I know and she had gotten really difficult in the last few decades, but the first couple of decades were really good.
@bagarad (12719)
• Paso Robles, California
Thank you for remembering her. She was one of my favorite people on Bubblews and I although I never got to meet her, I always wanted to. She was special. I miss her, too, but I didn't know her well enough to miss her like you do. I'm glad you have been there for her.
@ElicBxn (60895)
Yeah, she was over there, but by the time it failed, she was failing. She demanded that I take her computer to her someplace and then left it there.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@bagarad yeah, she just didn't seem to be able to do anything, even before bubblews failed, and when I told her that myLot was back, she admitted she didn't think she could return, she didn't even think she could remember her password.
@bagarad (12719)
• Paso Robles, California
@ElicBxn I take comfort in knowing she is whole again and out of pain and finding out what Heaven is like. She loved learning.
@BarBaraPrz (20726)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
For Maggie.
@ElicBxn (60895)
@vandana7 (67650)
I remember her. She was great spirited lady. She was helping me with English. I did wonder what happened to her and why she was not back on myLot. I guess we all become difficult in some ways when we age. I hope and pray I will not be too difficult.
@ElicBxn (60895)
One of the things she really enjoyed doing was teaching English as a second language. She was fun when she was younger, but because of her health problems her mental abilities weren't so good. In fact, just about a month before she passed she told me that she knew she wasn't as smart as she used to be.
i'm sorry to hear that. is she's also a mylotter
@ElicBxn (60895)
I introduced her to myLot back in like '08. She was over on Bubblews, but was having trouble even before that.
@ElicBxn is she's ill or just too old?
@ElicBxn oh thats why. a lot of people who doesnt care about their health just like my dad he is a hard drinker
I cannot believe a full year already passed. It rained this morning and it cleared in the afternoon.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I know, its been a long year too, at least at this end.