Mind your language

@yugocean (8839)
Nope, this is not about UK comic genre TV series MYL, this is all about Your Language. There are more than 7000 languages recognised today, but just 20 languages account for more than half the world's population. Mandarin is the most widely spoken language within the China, but it is so hard that it is not used in other countries. While other languages like English, Hindi, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese are used even at international levels. I am a Punjabi living outside Punjab; apart from Punjabi, there are Hindi and English (with Urdu) that I use. What about you? Image created by Me
@Shivram59 (5389)
@yugocean My mother tongue is Hindi.I can read,write and speak Oriya also.
@yugocean (8839)
Nice to know, you are living in Odisha? CM of Odisha himself do not know Oriya.
@Shivram59 (5389)
@yugocean Yes,and it's sad.Oriya is a very sweet and powerful language.I love it.
I speak English and Gibberish, with a slight mixture of Jive and Slang.
@yugocean (8839)
And just we need to check your grammar too, so need scholars of Gibberish, Jive and Slang.
My mother tongue is English and I had to learn Hebrew practically from the start here in Israel.
@yugocean (8839)
Is there only Hebrew in Israel?
@yugocean yugocean, Hebrew is the language of the Jewish People. People come from all over and speak many languages from the country where they come from. There are Jews that came from Arab countries and they can speak Arabic too.
@yugocean (8839)
@Hannihar You are English speaking Jew; so from where you are? England?
My native language is Italian, I have lived in France 27 years, so my second language is French, I speak English, Spanish and German.
@yugocean (8839)
5 languages. that's good. Which do you think is easy most and which of them is hard?
@yugocean English in my opinion is easy, for me German was the hardest.
@yugocean (8839)
@LadyDuck hmmm, perhaps this is because English was made from different languages and German is itself established with hard grammar for centuries.
@stapllotik (1218)
I speak Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati, hariyanvi, English, little little French and German. However, I don't believe that any language is harder to learn than another. German is one example of a language that is in many ways easier to learn than English.
@yugocean (8839)
So we can say Hariyanvi boling? if you know Haryanvi as most of the time I lived in Haryana. German is a language which others are saying is difficult, how you find it easier?
@yugocean yes right. As for your second question, personally I feel the pronunciation of German words are easier then French words. The German words are pronounced like they are written. Also if you be attentive, the long German words are bunch of short words can be pronounce easily. For eg : Gemüsesuppe means vegetable soup.
@yugocean (8839)
@stapllotik That is good, so this mean only those find German hard who have more fond in soft words. In Hindi we can use both hard and soft T, D etc, but English have only hard and French have only soft; what German have?
I speak English but know a little French and German.
@yugocean (8839)
I tried to learn french, and know a little.
@yugocean I love the French language and would like to learn more.
@yugocean (8839)
@JudyEv Because French is soft! English use hard characters and French use soft; Hindi have both hard and soft characters that every character can be pronounced differently.
• Uzbekistan
I'm sorry to say that your information isn't quite correct Mandarin isn't used in other countries not because it is so 'hard' but because China wasn't a colonial power like the Britsh Empire. If the Chinese had conquered the world like the Brits did, the world language would now be Chinese and not English. Spanish and Portuguese are the languages spoken in South America. Why? Because the Spaniards and the Portuguese colonised the South American continent. You can believe me. I'm right. I taught this at secondary grammar schools for 40 years.
@yugocean (8839)
Even India was not a colonial power, but many countries have Hindi as recognized language because Indians as slave were sent there. Even Chinese were used this way by British, French, but their language was 'Hard' , this is why it did not become popular.
• Uzbekistan
@yugocean Hindi and Chinese are spoken outside their home countries by the descendants of the former slaves. The languages didn't become 'popular' by others because the speakers were not the masters not because they were hard. If the Chinese had had an Empire like the British, the world language No 1 would be Chinese.
@sjvg1976 (18405)
My native language is Hindi but I can speak English, Punjabi.
@yugocean (8839)
English is so common because Jobs require it; yet but for family and social speaking, it is always Hindi and local languages.