Here is a tip for you-------

Good morning. Yes things are going to warm up for the weekend.(short lived) The other day while back up in my driveway. Did not cut it sharp enough and hit the end of the building. But left a scratches on the car. Remember the last time this happen on another car. Went to the body shop to have a look. He looked at me and said be right back. He had a cloth saturated with something. Rub the marking viola.It was gone. So yesterday went to see him and fixed it again. Ask him what do you use.Simple,Lacquer thinner Yes it worked again.So today went out to buy some to keep on hand. If anyone here have scratches on your car.Try this.You will be amazed. I was and so happy to get this tip.Want to share it with you. photo is mine
I'm surprised he told you! He can't charge you for making it look as good as new now!
@Popplicious I offered to pay him.I have been doing business with him over the years.
I am writing this down. I think all 3 of our cars, all black ones, have scratches. Thank you so much for this tip!
@Corbin5 let me know how you make out with this.
@amadeo I will. I bookmarked your post so that I can show my husband the photo. We will give this a try.
@Corbin5 Good luck there.He saturated the cloth and rub.
Thank you for sharing Alfredo. I will keep lacquer thinner in the garage, just in case.
@LadyDuck yes.But very hard to find small can.I had to get the larger one.
@amadeo I will go check the store, I do not need a large one.
@amadeo I've heard that but never tried it. My dad had a remedy to prevent rust. Now days you would have a hard time doing it though. He would change his own oil then save it. Once he had a couple changes worth of used oil he would pour it into the door frames and other places he could get to and it prevented rust! One vehicle he had was always outside but had no rust after 10 years. It still looked like new! Living in snow country that amazed some people.
@Berniezeitler that is interesting there.Thank you
Good to know as there are a couple of scratches on mine.
Your great tip almost makes me want to go out and buy a car even though i don't drive! I could tell everybody i want to try out this tip!
@Marty1 well maybe you know someone there may have this?
@amadeo I will recommend this amazing sounding product to them.
An excellent tip indeed, thanks Alfredo!
@marlina your welcome
@Madshadi (8953)
• Brussels, Belgium
I never scratched it, not yet. But it’s good to know for future
@Mashadi yes keep some on hand.
enjoy your weekend:)
@nataIie88 thank you and yours aslo
That seems odd I wonder how it works. Melts the paint a little so it covers the scratch? Hmmm
Thanks for the tip. We scratched our black car driving on a very narrow track recently. It would be great if this works.
Thanks for the tip friend
That is good to know. I hope I never have to use this but still a good thing to know.