A Great Review

Recently my husband and I watched a youtube movie, called The Water is Wide. It is staged in the late 1960's in the US. When watching it today, having our own grade school years behind us, as well as our son's grade school years, it seems like we are watching a movie about life generations ago. But no, not so, only just 1 generation really, and it was ours. We both commented on how well this movie was done. I would recommend it to everyone. Its hard to believe that we were a part of this and thought nothing of it. If you have some time and like to watch youtube, check this out. I don't think that you will be disappointed.
The Water is Wide is a 2006 Hallmark movie based on Pat Conroy's novel.
I really enjoyed it. Have you read the book?
@Juliaacv No, I have not.
@HazySue (22486)
It sounds like a movie my husband and I both would find interesting to watch. We both are from that period of time.
We really enjoyed it. It made us think back to our days as school aged children, fearing the strap and different forms of discipline, of course it doesn't seem like they have discipline today does it?
@HazySue (22486)
@Juliaacv It seems as those many of the kids don't have to face discipline. I think it would be better if they did.
@HazySue I agree, we need to have a happy medium, somewhere between the discipline that we had and no discipline, which is today's norm it seems.
thanks is it scary? okay thanks for the info i might check it sometime
Oh no, its not scary at all. It just depicts a different kind of life because of the times. And its refreshing to realize that those of us who endured these times have tried to make the world a better place as a result of what we endured.
@Juliaacv ok i'll check it in youtube
Sounds good. I just requested it from the library.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did here. Makes you realize that when we refer to the "good ole days" of our youth, they were not all so good and some of them somewhat strict.
@Juliaacv Some things were good and some things are better now.
@inertia4 (27713)
Sounds like a good movie. I will try and check it out. I was born in the 1960's. So, I don't remember much. But I can tell you that I have seen major differences in generations since I was small. It is amazing how far we came since then.
I was born in the 60's also, and began school in the late 60's, so I remember some of the practises, you may also, or you may have heard of them.
@inertia4 (27713)
@Juliaacv I'm sure I will once I see the movie.
Haven't heard about this movie but will add it to my list of things to see.
We enjoyed it, things we never talk about but have not forgotten.
After watching some shows, I say, that was made way back then? I feel really old now.. Never heard of that movie before.
This movie was actually done in Dec 2016, but the storyline takes place in the late 1960's and its quite good.
I know what you mean, I watch some shows and say " that was back in the 70`s" Then I think, that is when I was growing up, So yes we did that!
This is a great story about the underdog in our society. And you cannot help but to root for them.
I have not seen the movie, I checked and I see it was a movie made for the TV, surely not available here.
@pitsipeahie (2237)
The Water is Wide? I'll check on that. I'm often in YouTube watching anything I find interesting.
@nomus24g (24360)
yes, genuine reviews actually help others to decide their course of action...
32 years before i was born.
So much can change nowadays in just a generation. It's a bit scary.