Planting trees on a special occasion!

@Teekaaa (5643)
A friend of mine,on her birthday has actually planted saplings..! She told me that she used to do that on every occasion..! Nice concept know..! I like it! From the research it is said that, "One large tree can supply a day's supply of oxygen for four people." Trees absorbs harmful gases from the atmosphere and gives out oxygen. plant more trees to make our mother Earth clean and green and pollution free.. So, I have planned to plant a sapling on my birthday too! Actually I like gardening very much! Do you plant saplings on special occasions? Image courtesy Google.
@Icydoll (19135)
To plant doesn't need occasion .I love gardening a lot.its a must responsibility of everyone to save environment,nature that's gifted by God to us
@Teekaaa (5643)
"To plant doesn't need occasion". - yes ..it's right But in this modern and competitive world, people don't have enough time to sleep, eat... They are not getting time even to take care of themselves or their family,then how they get time for planting, gardening, and saving the environment.. But at least in the name of special occasion, some people plant trees... maybe not for the sake of saving the environment but for the sake of the society... Anyhow their act is appreciable..! This is my view. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!
@Icydoll (19135)
@Teekaaa yeah they don't have time..but it's ok even some change is happening now.that's happy
@Teekaaa (5643)
@Icydoll yup..right!! I already know that you like gardening activities! What plants you have planted by yourself? It's gives lot of happiness know , when the saplings planted by us grows, give flowers and fruits? How's your feeling?
@dodoazo (19392)
This is a good project or plan. Before we can get a residency certificate from our community if we have not planted a tree. But now it has been neglected or forgotten. Now the school has been required by the Department to make a report of their students' tree planting activities every year.
@Teekaaa (5643)
These things has to be imparted to students in the young age itself to make them know about their responsibility to save the environment! It's happy to know that these kinds of things are included in their school activities..
@dodoazo (19392)
@Teekaaa The students are taught on how to save the natural resources. The teachers never miss that teaching to their students.
@Teekaaa (5643)
@dodoazo that's a great this!
@mohit459 (11834)
• Haldwani, India
No I don't.. But your friends concept is great!..
@Teekaaa (5643)
It's a great thing indeed! Do you like gardening activities?
@mohit459 (11834)
• Haldwani, India
@Teekaaa nah!.. Xcpt eating and sleeping I don't like anything
@Teekaaa (5643)
@mohit459 he he Then don't you like even like mylot?? Does your exceptional lists includes Mylot...!
@1creekgirl (10313)
We started 28 years ago when we planted a tree for our first grandchild and have done it ever since for the other grandkids that followed.
@Teekaaa (5643)
Oh... that's great! Glad to hear that! Do you like gardening activities?
@1creekgirl (10313)
@Teekaaa No, my husband is the gardener in the family!
@Teekaaa (5643)
@1creekgirl oh.that's great .. have a great day!
@JSAph8888 (972)
Wow. This is a good idea.
@Teekaaa (5643)
Thanks.do you like gardening activities?
@Teekaaa Oh, not really. But whenever I saw a beautiful garden, I am always in awe.
@rheicel (7331)
It's nice to plant trees it helps our environment to have clean air.
@Teekaaa (5643)
do you like to do gardening?
@rheicel (7331)
@Teekaaa Uhmm I don't have a talent for gardening. But my father loves to do plantings like veggies, fruits, other kinds of plants and he can even make bonsai. He has a talent and I didn't get his talent, unfortunately.
@dgobucks226 (12105)
Great way to protect the environment. We must do our part to help make the earth a better place today and for those who come after us!
@Teekaaa (5643)
Exactly...! Do you like gardening activities?
@dgobucks226 (12105)
@Teekaaa Enjoy gardening a lot Elite purple. I am always planting something, most recently some shrubs in my back yard. I have a row of evergreens which line my property that provide a nice border and a bit of privacy.
Yes, students here in Switzerland plant saplings a couple of times a year.
@Teekaaa (5643)
Oh that's a great thing! Do you like gardening activities?
@Teekaaa Yes, I like gardening, as soon as Spring comes, I will take care of our garden.
@Sreekala (22879)
It is good to plant a tree if you have enough space around. We are living in city and not possible for us. But in my native place I had a beautiful garden when I was in my home.
@Teekaaa (5643)
Yes ! You have a point! But we can have potted plants!
@sjvg1976 (18386)
I like plants , I know how precious they are for our life. Due to space constraint I don't plant saplings but have few plants in the pots .
@Teekaaa (5643)
That's great that you have potted plants!
It is a lovely habit.
@Teekaaa (5643)
do you like gardening?
@prashu228 (25811)
I like gardening , and plant every now and then ..no need of special occasion s, but thats also good
@Teekaaa (5643)
That's great!
@Mshafeeq (1569)
• Bangalore, India
You can plant it at any time you want no need for any such occasion but yes if there is an occassion for planting you might plant more instead of planting individual.
@Teekaaa (5643)
Do you like gardening activities?
@timely (96)
• Nigeria
I have never planted a sapling before, I really wish I have. Knowing fully well that you are contributing solely to humanity, I mean human survival. Because, trees are major suppliers of oxygen consumed by humans.
@kepweng (14612)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
it helps environment
@Theresaaiza (10466)
Been putting that plan off birthday after birthday. While trees are very indispensable, apparently, we get most of our oxygen from the ocean.