I'm In The Mood For An Omelet

@KrauseHome (35324)
Might have to go and do this soon. We have a place here in Tacoma that serves really good Breakfast foods. It actually serves other foods as well later in the day, so it is more than just a Breakfast place. But their Omelets are to die for. And very reasonable as well. One of my All Time favorites happens to be a Chicken Fried Steak One. Oh is it good. It has the Chicken Fried Steak, Peppers, Gravy etc inside the omelet. It even has Gravy on the outside as well as cheese. The other nice thing is it comes with Hash brows, or like Breakfast potatoes and Toast or an English Muffin. All for $10 Tax included, I was not hungry when I left, and it is so good. Thinking I will have to go get one of these in the next day or so again. Are you an Omelet eater, and what kind do you like? Do you make them at home yourself or go out and eat them? ~~TINA~~
They were occassion that would also have an omlette.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Yes for me it is occasional as well due to I prefer going to a place known for making a Good omelette
I love omelets and I'm pretty good at making them myself as of a few years ago. I ordered one at a resturant once and it was runny and I couldn't stomach eating it. I will never buy another one at a resturant due to the worry they will be undercooked like that.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Wow!! If this was mine, I would insist on getting something different. Wonder if it was the restaurant themselves or the cook. If it was a Breakfast type place and like this, that is Sad.
@KrauseHome It was the first time I had ever eaten one and I assumed that was how they are cooked.
I don't mind them but I prefer my eggs in other ways.
@KrauseHome (35324)
There are many good ways to enjoy eggs Yes. But from time to time I got to have a Good omelet.
@Icydoll (22502)
I do my omlettes adding different vegetables.sometimes just add salt,pepper,onions.i tried shrimp omlettes too that's awesome taste.
I love shrimp and avocado omelettes!!!!
@Icydoll (22502)
@DianneN shrimp omlettes that's awesome combination friend.i never tried avacado ..I will try this too.
@KrauseHome (35324)
@DianneN Shrimp Omelettes? Never tried them. Might have to try this
@Bluedoll (17063)
You are making me hungry. Yes some foods I do prefer out. Pizza for example I would rather order or eat out same with a hamburger. There is something about a hamburger that just belongs somewhere else I guess.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Especially if the hamburger is from Red Robin, or a Mom and Pop restaurant. But it is true some foods are just better eaten elsewhere.
@Bluedoll (17063)
@KrauseHome Yes, got to like the Mom and Pop restaurant but be careful using that phrase or someone will make a chain out of it. lol
@Ithink (10673)
I love my husbands omelets, he puts lots of vegeys and cheese in them for me.. ohhh and mushrooms! YUM!
@KrauseHome (35324)
I have done just mushrooms and cheese s couple times. Someone mentioned avocados so i am going to have to try thst too
@Ithink (10673)
@KrauseHome I like it on sandwiches so it might be good.
I am not. But i hope you get one soon!
@KrauseHome (35324)
Just had one again where I used to enjoy them, and they were not as good as they used to be. :( They switched cooks and I am not sure they knew how to cook as the place was getting major complaints that night.
@KrauseHome aw so sorry. I hate when that happens!
That sounds really yummy, I haven't made one in a very long time.
@KrauseHome (35324)
I need to find a better place. The one we used to go too changed cooks so their omelets are now pretty plain
I prefer to make my own @KrauseHome anymore I don't trust restaurants
I make them myself, and my new favorite is a guacamole omelet.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Not a fan of Guacamole, but enjoy Avacodo's so that might be Good on an omelette. I wish my husband could make them, or I was able to stand long enough to do more cooking.
@KrauseHome I was never a fan of Guacamole either, but when I started making my own, I found it was very good. I'm sure avocados on an omelet would be very good.
I make my own omelet: cheese, mushroom.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Now that would be a Good one. Lots of mushrooms and cheese
Sounds like a very good breakfast and, sometimes.
@KrauseHome (35324)
I found out like with any other food, a lot of it really depends on the cook. Recently had this same omelet and it was not near as good.
I do like omelettes..I guess my fave might be bacon and cheese or something. I just want eggs period. I think I am going to make some for breakfast tomorrow.
@KrauseHome (35324)
We did go to the place I used to like the Chicken Fried Steak Omelet. It left nothing to be desired this time, but was told they recently got a New cook
@EddieHands (37823)
Yes an Omlete does sound pretty good! Blessings
@KrauseHome (35324)
Had one the other night ... but a new cook so it was not the best
I do like omelets but I do not make them often
@KrauseHome (35324)
Yes same here. I find them better when I take the time from time to time and go order mine somewhere else where the person does this for a living.
@oahuwriter (2750)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mmm, lots of different ways to make.omeletts! I too like my omelettes well done,so I tend to cook my own. Love green onions in them. I'll add diced Spam, Vienna sausages or cheese with a dash of sea salt and pepper with adding Tobasco sauce to taste on plate, mmm.
@KrauseHome (35324)
I have had Spam in mine before,. but never Vienna Sausages. Depends on what type of Omelet I am having if I would even consider Salsa. But it could be a nice addition
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@HazySue (21943)
That sounds like a terrific place to eat. I wish we had a place like that here. I make a Mexican omelet that is pretty good.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Well they changed cooks so the last time we went there the food was not that good
@HazySue (21943)
@KrauseHome that's too bad.
I love omelettes with ham, onions, avocado, and lots of cheddar cheese.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Leave off the onions, and this sound like something I would enjoy.
I like to make my omelets at home. I put pork sausage and cheese in them.
@KrauseHome (35324)
Do you ever add mushrooms with your Sausage and cheese?
@KrauseHome I like omelets but like to make them at home and add what I want to it.