Cigarette card values.

@millie02 (6905)
United Kingdom
Cigarette card values is an annual catalogue listing the current prices of cigarette cards. Although smoking is no longer popular , there is still a huge number of people who collect cigarette cards. This sort of catalogue is often printed by an auction house that runs online or postal auctions as well as sales at their auction venue. I do not collect cigarette cards myself, but I should imagine it would be a good hobby for somebody who was into that sort of thing. Many of these cards are old, rare and worth a lot of money.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
Such collectable cards were very popular when I was a child and often issued with sweets as well. Despite being avidly collected, not many complete sets lasted for long, thus making certain ones quite rare.
@millie02 (6905)
I can remember collecting cards from tea packets when I was young. You used to be able to send away for a book to stick them in.
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@millie02 Yes, I remember those as well.
@millie02 (6905)
@Asylum I still have some in the attic.