Chicken rice soup anyone?

@1creekgirl (10346)
I just made a huge pot of chicken rice soup for a friend who has the flu. I called to let her know I'd be bringing it soon and she said, "Oh Vicki, I really appreciate it, but you're the fourth person to make chicken rice soup for me! I told the third person to please give it to someone else and I hate to see you waste the soup you made." I guess everyone knows that chicken soup is good for when you're sick. Until you become sick of so much soup. I'll take some to my uncle who has dementia and some to our Pastor. Of course, we'll have some for lunch and I'll freeze any that's left. It's really not my favorite....I'd much rather have beef vegetable soup. Oh well. I don't know if you myLotters in other countries are having the flu epidemic we're having here in the US, but my husband and I agreed we're avoiding public contact with others as much as possible. We got flu shots, but apparently not for the right strain of flu. There goes my every-other-day trip to Walmart. Wish I could send you guys some chicken rice soup. It really did turn out well.
Today I have to collect rent, 2 tenants have the flu. I do not have a problem wearing a mask and gloves.
@1creekgirl (10346)
I'm glad you're taking precautions, Andria.
I have basically quarantined myself. My sister went with my husband to the movies yesterday, and I stayed home. I have an autoimmune disorder, so the risk of the flu would create a huge medical mess for me.
@1creekgirl (10346)
You're very wise to do that, Deborah. This flu is killing healthy people.
I would love it! People make soups differently - even if it is the same soup - I would love to try different versions of even chicken rice soup.
@1creekgirl I use either a roasted chicken, or leftover whatever chicken, either broth from the bones or premade box broth, basmati rice (or whatever leftover rice we have), carrots, celery, onion, sometimes button mushrooms, maybe broccoli, corn, peas, zucchini, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme, marjoram .. . I guess I just throw in whatever we have .
@1creekgirl (10346)
@much2say That sounds yummy'
can i have some?
@1creekgirl (10346)
I'd love to share with you, but don't think it would travel well to the Philippines!
@1creekgirl lol im not sure
I hope you didn't get infected from the sickness of your friend. But It was nice of you to give some chicken soup. I remember having a soft rice porridge with chicken on it. Yes, I would love a chicken soup.
@1creekgirl (10346)
My husband is sick, but I think it's a cold and not the flu.
Wish you could send it too. I like chicken rice better than chicken noodle I'm not even sick and your soup sounds delicious on this cold day You're so sweet to make soup for your sick friend even though she didn't need it
@1creekgirl (10346)
This community is pretty good about taking care of each other when we're sick. Wish I could send you some of the soup!
That was nice of you. I do not like the rice in the chicken soup.
@1creekgirl (10346)
I see you're not the only one who doesn't like the rice in the soup.
I do hope you manage to avoid the flu. It sounds really bad.
@Raelove (16813)
• Saco, Maine
Your heart was in the right place, and that's all that matters. I am not that fond of chicken-rice soup either. I much prefer it made with noodles. I do like beef vegetable soup, too. I've known a few people who've had the flu. So far so good for me... I did get a shot back in the fall, and the nurse said it was an extra-strength dose to combat several strains. I often wonder how they can even combat new strains if they can't make the shot until AFTER someone's had it, as they have to isolate the new virus itself to be able to use it as an antidote. I dunno...but in any case, I'm sure your soup is very good!
@thelme55 (14574)
I had flu before Christmas and my hubby made me chicken soup with lots of ginger roots. Yummy.
@Icydoll (20009)
I like chicken rice soup.why you didn't post the picture of it friend?
@1creekgirl (10346)
I'll try tomorow.
Yum that does sound pretty good.