The 'official myLot app for Android'

So I saw a short-lived discussion here an hour or so ago giving a link to an 'official' app for myLot...for free. Which, it was not 'official'. The description states: ___________________________________________________________ Mylot is a company that pays its users for doing the following on its website: Posting Comments Uploading Photos Starting Discussions ____________________________________________________________ Of course, the problem is myLot doesn't pay you for those actions, as most users here know. I didn't download it of course...for one, I don't use a phone here. For two, it likely had some type of virus attached to it. I could see someone creating a free app for myLot perhaps, and offering it to other users. But saying it is the 'official' myLot app? Sounds to me as though someone was wanting inside people's phones. Unfortunately, you never know what kind of trick the scammers will play next online. I'm sure many of you would like a myLot app, I see it mentioned quite often. Just be sure it is officially from myLot if you ever see one. I'm sure myLot will tell us if they do.
@miketagz (7496)
That is a fake, definitely a phishing site. Stay away from those apps until myLot announce officially.
Exactly. I noticed the user was someone that actually doesn't appear to do much of anything here, although they have been a 'member' since September 2015
@thehousewife They hadn't done anything since November, looks like (89) activities over 28 months...
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
Tuetego has an app and its awesome. But using Mylot on my mobile browser has been all smooth and easy. Wouldn’t care for unofficial app either.
I know myLot 'optimized' the site a few years ago to make mobile use rather easy. I kind of doubt they'll ever make an app for it, but maybe someday...
@FourWalls (13704)
Makes me glad I have an iPhone....
I has an I phone too...it is I phone...well really it is Boss's phone but I say it is I phone
@FourWalls (13704)
@JolietJake — you have Bruce Springsteen’s phone??????
@kobesbuddy (46151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake You put it in your eye?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I missed that post....look what happens when I go and get my granddaughter out of bed and take the time to get her breakfast.
It wasn't up very long, thankfully. It was the first thing I saw when I logged in just a little before 4 my time (about 2 1/2 hours ago)
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@JolietJake it must have been off by 5:30 my time. That's whe I first came on.
@Morleyhunt I think it only was up 5-10 minutes before a Mod removed it
@yugocean (8336)
Even if there is official app, I won't use it, mylot works fine on mobile browser.
Since I don't use a phone I just take the word of people like you and Owl who seem to have no trouble with it the way it is
@yugocean (8336)
@JolietJake Thanks, yes it is simple. I am out, so using mobile this time without problem.
@kobesbuddy (46151)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I was informed that My Lot would pay $10 to members, who would download it. It was disguised as the Administration contacting me about this! I deleted it, immediately.
Any time you get a PM like that you should immediately send a PM to GoAskAlice telling them whom it was from
@renicemae (3352)
Your discussion title made me thought that admins made a mylot app. Anyway, thank you for this information.
Too many people out there trying to scam others these days unfortunately
@renicemae (3352)
@JolietJake So sad but true.
I do not use my phone, but I would be more than careful downloading this one. If myLot should release something official, Admin would let us know.
I noticed the app was also being hosted on a site created by the person that posted the discussion
@JolietJake May be it's not a malware, but declaring that it's "official" when it's not is already scamming.
@Icydoll (19082)
I love the mobile interface Mylot it's easy to browse .app is not necessary for me
Most users I know don't have any trouble with it since it is designed to be 'mobile friendly' without an app
@EddieHands (37845)
Oh man that is like the oldest trick from hackers. its like update your software her.e and then its just a way to get into your computer or phone.. Overall yes hope no one downloaded it