Sometimes I'm Just Stupid

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Not always, but I sure was this morning. I had a really beautiful app on my computer that brought up a new picture on my Google home page every time I opened a new tab, and I accidentally removed it and now I can't find it anywhere to add it back on. I tried downloading a couple apps to see if they were the ones - nope. I've been through the app store so much I think I know what they all look like. Otherwise this has been a good day, and going to get even better before it's done. I made it to the pool this morning. So twice this week, no thanks to the horrible flu that didn't last long with me. For which I'm grateful. I also started working on New Horizons, but my thoughts were consumed with the app so didn't get much done on that. I'll be getting back to it though. I've got something coming up with the action in it and I need to get it going. And to finish this day, we have a storm coming our way, starting tonight. So, I won't be able to see it starting, but I will wake up to it tomorrow. We're supposed to get snow all day tomorrow, and then ending on Sunday morning. The total accumulation for this storm is 3.5 inches. Not a lot, but just the fact that it will be snowing and will cover up this ugly green landscape will make me very happy. And for all of you who believe in that Groundhog - we've got another 6 weeks of WINTER !!! YES !!! Go Puxatawny Phil! I like your prediction. Even though according to the calendar we do have six weeks of winter yet. Now all we need is the snow to go with the prediction. On the way home from the pool I stopped at Wal-Mart for groceries. I only wanted fish for supper. I decided to do a much larger shopping. Considering how much meat, fish, and fruit I bought, I should have plenty to carry me through to the end of the month, or at least until I get my next SS check. Okay, you're all caught up with me. I'm not saying I'm stupid, just that I act like it sometimes. Today was one of those days. Hopefully I will get that app back. The picture I'm using is from that app. This is from the eclipse just a couple days ago.
You won`t have to worry too much about the grocery for a while.
No, I won't. My freezer is packed to the gills.
@alberello75 (18630)
• Genova, Italy
You can not judge yourself "stupid", just for such a banality. I can do much worse! So, what should I say about me?
@alberello75 You are a nice man. Nothing else to say.
Thank you. I've since found a comparable app. Not exactly the same one, but close.
@just4him That will work.
Well, at least only six more weeks before spring. I just hope that doesn't bring too much snow to Latvia. Right now we have very little snow and at least I am not snowed in.
I don't mind a little snow but I hate when it keeps me from being able to go out and do the things I want to do
Let`s all hope that the little guy was wrong.
@RasmaSandra I'm glad you're not snowed in.
thanks for sharing.Love the photo there.
You're welcome. Thank you.
@just4him your not stupid there.You are a smart woman.
@amadeo Thank you, and I found the app I accidentally removed. It's back again.
@kobesbuddy (54809)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is a beautiful app, the moon over this mountain. It reminds me of the trip we took through the Smoky Mountains. I do things that seem stupid, yet everything always seems to work out in the end.
I went to my history settings and back tracked and found the right place to look and found a comparable app. I'm still going to keep my eyes open for the one I had. For now the one I found is okay and it also allows me to download the images and they're free to use. So that's a good thing. I loved those images from that app. I know there are always new apps available, so I hope I find the one I had again.
How do you keep yourself from getting bored on your diet?
@just4him I've started eating healthier and have pretty much cut out the processed foods, sugary treats etc. I'm getting a bit bored with not having much variety but I'm determined to keep going and not give up. I give you a lot of credit for sticking to it for so long.
@Marilynda1225 I saw a post earlier that talked about snacks without flour. I looked it up and it might not have flour, but it has plenty of sugar. Sometimes I do miss sweets. I just pull out a bag of frozen fruit and a bowl and start thawing. It works every time. There's nothing better than fruit and the natural sugar it contains. No sugar needed.
@kobesbuddy (54809)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him Valerie isn't your next weigh-in this week, around the 6th?
I have my fair share of moments when I deeply doubt my brain power. I hope you get the app back. We will get about a inch or maybe 2 inches starting Sunday. That is enough for me.
I did see this storm is mostly contained in Wisconsin. Starting to get cloudy, but not enough yet to think snow, though I am definitely thinking snow.
@Daelii (5901)
That sounds like a cool app! I have no idea stuff like that existed. Enjoy your day!
It really is a cool app. I went into the history settings to the point where I removed it and found where I needed to be, and found a comparable one. Not the same one, but it allows me to download pictures.
I think we all do stupid things from time to time. I hope you can locate your app. It's in the 70s right now, and I'm in no hurry to get home.
I found it today, and it's back in place. Enjoy your 70's. It's snowing and I'm enjoying it, even if it is dark and I can't see that it's snowing. We have a winter weather advisory until noon tomorrow with a total accumulation of 4.7 inches.
@just4him Oh, that's great! I hope it didn't take too long to find. That's a good snow. It should keep you happy until it melts!!!
@just4him For your sake, I hope your snow lasts until spring. Good going on finding the app so quickly!!!
Phil and six weeks huh? We are having spring weather here.
Enjoy it while you can. Winter isn't over yet. We still have six weeks and that's not because of the groundhog, but the calendar.
@just4him ....Yep. It is blue skies and sunshine outside right now. In the 50's.
@celticeagle Been snowing all day and supposed to through tomorrow noon.
@MsBooklover (4097)
These things just happen sometimes. How about looking at the history of your computer?
I've already found the app and have it loaded.
@just4him Wow! I knew you would!
@MsBooklover Thank you. I persevere. I don't let anything defeat me.
@sueznewz2 (10132)
• Alicante, Spain
sounds like your all sorted with your groceries... in case you do get a lot of snow.... Ps have you looked in your computer dustbin for the app ... where deleted items go... or have you tried asking the question in your search box about your missing app...? I hope you manage to get it back...
@sueznewz2 (10132)
• Alicante, Spain
@just4him Good I'm pleased...
@sueznewz2 Thank you.
That is a beautiful picture. We get our SS checks on the second Wednesday of each month. We have enough food to last that long plus.
I think it goes according to your birth date. Mine is the third week of the month, so that's when I get my check. I've heard other's get theirs in the first and even the last week of the month.
@just4him My husband and mine is deposited in two different checking accounts on the second Wednesday of the month. Our birthdays are the 2nd and the ninth. This year my husband will apply for medicare. I have to wait until next year.I hope it is not hard to apply for medicare and it does not cost that much.
@jstory07 I'm applying for Medicare as well this year. I know they take out a certain amount from your SS for Part B. You also need to purchase a supplemental insurance to take up the 20% Medicare doesn't cover.
I hope you find that app. Yay for the pool and grocery shopping!
I did, thank you.
What a shame you lost the app. Hope someone is able to help you with it.
I found it and it's back on my address bar.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Isn't it about 6 weeks til Spring anyways? Sounds like you are set with Groceries. We do a lot of that too when we shop, and then just have to buy things like Milk, Bread, thru the month.
I can see another stop for potatoes. I go through so many of them. I don't drink milk or eat bread on the diet I'm on. Yes, it's six weeks until spring according to the calendar.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Good to know that you are well and your flu is okay now. Hope soon you will finish new horizon. Hope you find out the desired app soon
Thank you. I found the desired app, thank you.
@aureliah (18373)
• Kenya
I'm glad that your flu went away completelt. Your month is sorted with meat which is a good thing
Yes, it is. Fruit too. Thank you.
As long as it doesn't get brutally cold, I am fine with winter too.
I don't like brutally cold. I like it cold enough to snow, which it's doing at the moment.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We all act like this at times. Maybe because we are all doing ten things at once!
That's a good reason why that happens.