Weird incident with my phone yesterday

So, yesterday when I was out on my mystery shop my phone suddenly started showing a time about 3 hours later than the actual time. I was like what???? so I did a reboot..same thing..I was thinking well maybe something is going wrong with the phone or there is a problem reaching the satellite or something. Anyway, mysteriously as I got within about 5 miles of home..it started showing the correct time again. I was just googling this on an Android forum..apparently other people have experienced this at times too. Does your phone ever show the wrong time? Have you been able to fix it?
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
Did you get info why it was happening since as far as I know this happens when you go to a different time zone.
No, I was in the same timezone. Actually, I have had the phone with me driving across country and it will immediately pick up the correct time from the sattellite. I can't remember why they said it happens, but it does happen to some phones some of the time apparently.
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
@snowy22315 That sounds quite weird. Would also like to know what caused it
@aureliah I don't know, but I have remained pretty close to home since that happened. The next time I go out on a longer trip I will see what happens.
@cttolledo (5051)
Yes. My other phone is like that and it annoys me , not helping me in my day to day work that's why I stop using that phone.
Well it has been fine since I have been back home. I am wondering if the same thing will happen again, if I go out into the big world.. lol. Luckily, the day it happened I was wearing a watch so I wasn't clueless as to the time.
@cttolledo (5051)
@snowy22315 thats true.
Thankfully mine has never dont that. Itd be so weird if flip.
It was weird..however, I am glad it "fixed itself."
@snowy22315 yes thats good it did.
@mandala100 (52499)
@snowy22315 That's a bit weird indeed my friend.
I thought so too! I guess I am not the only one it happened to though!
@mandala100 (52499)
@snowy22315 You are right on that my friend.
I never had this problem, I wonder if it got the wrong signal from a distant place, where the timezone is different.
Yeah, I think somehow it lost it's regular sattellite and went off on a nother one.
@prashu228 (25513)
No i never experienced it, glad its normal again
So am I, it was strange because everything was fine most of the day and all of a sudden it just dropped the time. It had never done that before.
I had an Android that used to do that as well out of the blue. It had a lot of glitches.
That does seem strange. I don't use a mobile so it hasn't happened to me.
@moffittjc (46182)
• Gainesville, Florida
That has never happened to me, I have an iPhone, but I've heard friends of mine with android phones say that this has happened to them too. I just got my phone back from repairs, as last week it just started turning itself on and off without warning. Turns out my battery had kicked the bucket. Luckily, it only cost me $30 to put a new battery in my phone.