Coming un-glued ....

@sueznewz2 (10139)
Alicante, Spain
I mean my fingers.... thankfully ... they were stuck together with super glue... I’m quite good at D I Y .... and fixing and repairing things..., and yesterday I was mending a pair of earrings, a friend of mine bought round, to see if I could fix for her... which I did, using superglue..., but, I’m afraid, I seem to get it all over my fingers, and other things end up getting glued up too ... I usually clear a space, in an effort to minimise the amount of things that get stuck up ... but in spite of my best efforts .. I still have a bit of a cleaning up job to do, when I’m finished ... mainly my fingers... I know I could wear gloves .. but, in my defense, I was working on a small pair of earrings... and, could not use gloves, so, my fingers got glue on them ... so I had to keep changing fingers and hands etc, until I managed to get the earrings to a mini vice, to hold them while they bonded and dried and without bonding to my fingers... then, I waved my fingers in the air ... as if i’d applied nail varnish lol , and then when they were dry I sat and picked off all the bits of glue.... What are you like with glue... do you manage to work cleanly or ... do you get a bit sticky like me...? photo has nothing to do with the post ... just a photo of one of my dads Dhalias
@Raelove (17602)
• Saco, Maine
I always get some super glue on my fingers, too. Happened the other day when I was trying to affix little felt pads to the legs on a chair. Some of the glue came through the pads, too. So now I have cute little round super glue stains on the floor to match!
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
ohhh dear... @Raelove but i'm the same too... it gets everywhere...
@Raelove (17602)
• Saco, Maine
@sueznewz2 Yes it does. And unfortunately, you don't realize it until you're stuck!
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
I am very careful when using glue, but sometimes it does happen.
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
yes it does... @Marilynda especially when trying to repair small fiddly items
Its a pretty flower. I don't do well with super glue, that's when my fingers become all thumbs it seems. My husband can do wonders with that stuff though.
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
thank julia @Juliaacv yes sometimes I get someone else to do it for me.. but I thought i'd do it myself this time... lol the flower is from my Dads garden... and one of my favourites...
@sueznewz2 He grows such beautiful blooms doesn't he?
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv yes thanks julia... I think he does... I always look forward to looking at his garden when I visit...
@Maria24 (2160)
That was my worst fear when using that
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
@Maria24 well it came off easy enough...lol
@Maria24 (2160)
@sueznewz2 I'm glad lol
Lovely perfectly formed flower.
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
thanks... @JohnRoberts I think so too... but I might be a little biased lol...
I wonder what would happen if your gloves got themselves glued? would that get ripped or something? Well, it's still safe if you use gloves if it's not that expensive. You could try tooth pick or small stick to put the glue then put it in something.
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
I did use a toothe pick too... @Letranknight2015 and yes the gloves rip...
@myhuka (214)
my roomate was livid when i glued his figher together.
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm not surprised @myhuka
Just like you, I always get a bit of glue on my fingers and I hate this.
@sueznewz2 (10139)
• Alicante, Spain
yeahhh it's a nuisance having to clean the glue of them isn't it
@sueznewz2 Some glues are hard to remove from the fingers.
I get it everywhere, so generally I avoid superglue. I get a slower drying type.
I have stuck my fingers together on more than one occasion lol
I have trouble with glue too and seem to get it everywhere.
I'm quite stuck together when I use superglue. I'm glad you're unstuck. Beautiful picture of your dad's dahlias.
@sallypup (28580)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I've seen Veterinarians get stuck to a cat when they glued those little nail caps on the cat!! Kind of hilarious but not to the Vet.
I'm the same way. Can't use super glue without gluing something I didn't want to. I let my daughter do it for the most part. She is better at it. Lovely flower.