I'm Mad And I Don't Care Who Knows

Image by HazySue
@HazySue (23207)
I love this photo of my youngest granddaughter Annabelle. Don't you love the way they display their every feeling? I do. Yesterday I went to a thrift store and found the perfect little end table. I had been looking for one like it for some time. Anyway, I asked one of the women working there if they could hold it behind the counter so I could look around the little store. When I was ready to leave, I stood there at the register trying to spot the little table. I couldn't see it anywhere. It turns out that the other woman working there sold it to another customer while I was looking around. As I said, I am mad and I don't care who knows. Who Knows
@louievill (19726)
Make them fetch another one or else.....
@Courage7 (16763)
Lovely photo
@Morleyhunt (21021)
That was dirty pool. When I had my store I always told customers I didn't hold things. A non refundable deposit (nominal would hold it for a day. The deposit would be take. Off the price when they returned to purchase. I did tell them I could call them if someone else wanted to purchase the item and they could either buy it or walk away.
What about just keeping it at the counter while they continued to browse? I would expect it to still be at the counter when I finished browsing.
@HazySue (23207)
@Morleyhunt I was still shopping in the store. I wasn't pleased.
@HazySue (23207)
@paigea that's what she was supposed to do, hold it at the counter until I finished shopping.
Aww what a cutie! That would make me mad too! I think I would not go back to that store.
so the saleslady sold it to the other customer? maybe because theyre not sure if you will really buy it
That was so unfair and that woman should have told her not to sell it. Would you go back there again?
Oh, what a shame! I love the bib on this gorgeous granddaughter of yours too.
@ms1864 (6975)
• Bangalore, India
Did she nod or acknowledge your request? I usually wait for the employee to say it will be done before I move. If she did acknowledge then you were totally in the right to be mad.
@Elizaby (3997)
• Pensacola, Florida
Next time have the one helping make a note stating on hold for____and make sure the other employees are aware you will be paying for it after looking fround
That's something to be really mad about. I would have been too.
I would be mad too.
That wasn't very nice at all since it was back there for you.
That would be pretty annoying.
Well that was unfair of the other to sell it! I'd be angry too.
That was rude of that woman to sell that item to someone else. Cute baby
@moffittjc (45398)
• Gainesville, Florida
That would have made me super mad too if I had asked a store associate to hold something and then find out later that it was sold to another customer. Oooh...I would have been fuming! lol
I would have been very mad, myself!!!! Poor Annabelle. She is as mad as Grandma.
I would be mad too about the table. Why would that other woman sell it if it was behind the counter? Love the picture of Annabelle
@MissNikki (2696)
Love that picture! And wow, that sucks that the sales woman did that!!! Ugh.
@sjvg1976 (18404)
You can try it from another store.