Chicken Soup for Colds

@raijem (323)
A lot of people love to have a warm bowl of soup when they have colds. Some particularly eat chicken soup. Not sure but somehow, it helps comfort you and make you feel better when you eat warm soup. One thing that I hate with chicken soup is I sometimes get allergies. Any other soup suggestions?
@mandala100 (50355)
@raijem That chicken soup sounds tasty my friend.
@raijem (323)
Yes it does Peter. It sometimes make me feel itchy though because of the chicken. But then unless I try something new, I might just want to endure the itch rather than the colds.
@mandala100 (50355)
@raijem Are you a bit allergic with chicken my friend?
@raijem (323)
@mandala100 a little. Though i can counter it with antihistamines.
@Courage7 (15613)
Have you tried beef vegetable soup?
@raijem (323)
hmm.. i will try it. sounds good. Like the weather here is killing me. Its hot during the day and its like December during the night.I am having chills and mild fever sometimes because of my colds.
@Courage7 (15613)
@raijem Yes I imagine the extremes of temperature make one feel very chilled..I hope you may feel better.
I think tomato soup is a good choice. Garlic is nature's antibiotic, so any soup with garlic is a good choice too.
@raijem (323)
Oh I see. Will try to add garlic to my soups and lots of them. Tomato should be a good option for me too. I want to give it a try as well. Might be beneficial for my heart.
Are you feeling better now? Did you try a new soup?
@rubyriaz007 (4292)
Yes chicken soup with a bit of pepper is very good for cold. Even vegetable and tomato soup is good.
Chicken soup just tastes good.