Atlantic City is a dump

It is funny to see someone write that "Atlantic City is a favorite tourist area". Clearly that had to have been written by someone who isn't from this area and who hasn't been to AC recently. . . or EVER. That person also obviously doesn't keep up with the news either as it is no secret that Atlantic City has been in a downward death spiral for the past 20+ years. Many casinos have closed. (Trump's included! ) Businesses are outta there. Crime is up. The town is NOT a place that you really want to go to, especially on any type of vacation. There is ONE reason and one reason only that I go to Atlantic City--to have dinner at Carmine's Italian restaurant in The Tropicana. We go, we have dinner, and then we turn around and leave.
I have been to AC twice in my life and it was okay as a day visit on the boardwalk and see Mr. Peanut but I knew it wasn't safe to leave that area.
oh definitely not!
I have heard some news on this.What a shame.I loved it at my time went there.
It is really sad to see when you go these days.
@NJChicaa Not sure id I want to see it.
@mandala100 (50558)
@NJChicaa Is the price in that Italian restaurant fairly reasonable my friend? Thank you.
Yes considering the plates they serve feed 3-4 people each.
@mandala100 (50558)
@NJChicaa That's good to know my friend.
@freak369 (4989)
I've been to a couple of casinos there but it's been a while - it wasn't all that impressive then so I can only imagine what it's like now
Yeah. Not a lovely tourist destination at all.
@lovebuglena (7185)
• Staten Island, New York
I went to AC not that long ago to gamble a little and then we went back home. It's not the same as it used to be. If I wanna play the slots I can just go to the casino in Queens.
Exactly. And that is part of the problem. There are casinos in CT, NY, PA, etc. You don't need to go to AC any longer which is why it is losing revenue, why is why it is becoming a $hithole, why is why no one wants to go there, and the cycle continues!
a friend of mine lives there-and pretty much said exactly the same thing. her home taxes went up somehow tho..