Oh No......Not Again!

Yikes! Old Man Winter is kicking up a storm here. It began earlier today with some light snow. And within the next 48 hours we are expecting up to 20 cm of the white stuff. And they are actually calling this one a storm. My husband made us a wonderful pot of chili for supper tonight and he served up a nice warm baguette of bread to accompany it. It delicious and it being a cold and blustery evening, I think that it tasted even better! So we're in for a stormy weekend, how about you? ~Photo is mine taken in Niagara Falls last month
We will only get some snow showers. About an inch. We can handle an inch.
I hope that this prediction is wrong, but my hand has been swollen all day today and sore, which is an indication of a storm coming.
@Juliaacv My knee does that when a storm is coming. I also get barometric pressure headaches when a storm is on its way.
@Corbin5 I know-right? When did we get to be so old?I remember my Gramma used to talk like we are.
I want to come stay with you two! It sounds like such a great time to sit around and talk. I think I might have been the only one, but when my family was occasionally snowed in I relished the time it forced us to have together. I always wanted to be closer to my sister, and that way she had to spend more time with me! Here in Oklahoma, it wouldn't be so bad if the wind weren't so blustery. However, I don't think we will get snow this week or next.
You and Annabelle are welcomed any time. Too bad you weren't snowed in with us here, we may not be able to go to the party that my boss is having on Sunday night if the snow persists. In good weather it is almost a 40 minute drive to get there. The only downside of the snow storm is the timing, we may not be able to get out to church in the morning.
We are having some sunshine today. We had chili last night
I suppose that there will be lots of chili consumed today as people gather to watch the football game and enjoy some food together.
Hope the storm isn't too horrible. It's a warm day again without being unpleasantly hot.
That must be nice, we didn't have a lot of those kinds of days last summer, it was brutally hot or it was cool and rainy.
I didn't know chili can be that good in the cold weather. I guess I don't mind eating a spicy soup in this cold weather.
A hot bowl of chili on a cold day is ideal.
The chili was a good idea. Take care and keep warm. It is warm here today.
Enjoy your warm day, its been snowing here for almost 24 hours now.
@Juliaacv I am sorry Juliaacv. I did enjoy it.
@Hannihar Oh don't be sorry, I am happy to know that you are enjoying the warmth. I am really tired of the snow, I don't mind the cold but most people don't like the cold.
@cintol (5422)
We don't have to deal with that white stuff anymore now that we moved and I don't miss it, nice that you have a husband that will cook for you.
We both enjoy cooking, and we love to cook together, that's a lot of fun.
@cintol (5422)
Thats so nice, my husband has no clue around a kitchen and I have tried to teach him but no interest. I wish he would help
@cintol My husband is just naturally better at doing certain dishes then I am. We both can fill and empty the dishwasher and scrub pots and pans, there is no division there although I do try to do it most of the time.
We only had a very little snow during the night, it was cold this morning, but it's sunny now and the snow already melting.
Its very mild here, but still a couple of degrees below freezing. But its been snowing for about 24 hours now.
@Juliaacv It has been sunny all the day, pretty cold but not freezing.
@LadyDuck I've got a terrible sinus headache and I wonder if its due to a pressure change in our atmosphere.
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
The chili sounds wonderful! I am a huge fan of eating chili when it's nice and cold outside! We're in for some heavy rain all day tomorrow, so much so that they went ahead and issued flood warnings today. It seems that the river just to the north of us crested Friday, and had finally started to recede today, but now it's going to re-crest again on Monday after all of tomorrow's rain. And this is supposed to be our dry season! Well, I guess one good thing about this crazy cold and wet winter we're having is that our wildfire season shouldn't be too bad this spring!
Ya gotta love chili, I don't know of anyone who doesn't! Its been snowing for more then 12 hours straight now, it isn't gonna be a pretty site come morning.
@moffittjc (42194)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv Just keep making that delicious chili, and it isn't going to matter how long it snows! You'll be inside the warm house eating a nice hot bowl of chili. With a good bowl of chili around, life is good!
@moffittjc Yeah, and life is really good because here is a little bit left over for next week. He might warm up a bit to eat with nachos later on today.
I hope you got through that storm ok. We had a few flurries this morning, but the sun is out again now.
It snowed for a little over 24 hours, and we got quite a bit, but then mid-afternoon on Sunday it just stopped. And a real quick warm front came thru and it began to melt, but within an hour it started back up again, and the roads got quite slippery and messy. Its early now on Monday morning, but I can see that the snow stopped.
@Juliaacv That's good that it's stopped now. Let's hope that the roads are safe for you.
@jaboUK Thanks, I am getting to be quite the experienced winter snow driver this year-not by choice.
We started getting snow last night. It's a heavy wet snow but only about an inch so far. It feels warm here at 32 degrees!
Its very mild here as well. Its been snowing for almost 24 hours here.
@Juliaacv We went out and shoveled the driveway a couple hours ago. It's supposed to stop and then start again tomorrow night.
@Susan2015 Our snow stopped for about an hour on Sunday afternoon, and it seemed to start melting, and then it started up again. By the time we went out around 5:45 the roads were getting quite greasy already and it forced us to come home early. This morning, even though its dark, I can tell that it isn't snowing.
@Morleyhunt (19723)
Hold off on that snow. Mohegan forecast looks like it will be raining when I hit the road tomorrow.
Its been snowing here for more then 12 hours now. Have a safe drive, I'll miss ya.
@Morleyhunt (19723)
@Juliaacv I'll probably submit a progress post this evening.
@Morleyhunt Great! I'll be watching for it! Drive safely.
I have no idea why, but city crews were running around salting the roads yesterday and there isn't even rain in the forecast for the weekend, in fact nothing I see coming here until Tuesday night when so far it is saying 3-5 inches of snow
Maybe they know something that the weatherman doesn't......
@Juliaacv Someone lied...
It seems that your place is so cold. I think we need the snowblower.
We have one.
@Juliaacv I wish I can try using it in the future. Keep yourself warm there, my friend.
We're in the same storm system. I looked up the conversion on that, which is 7 inches. We're expecting 4.7 inches which would be 11.9 cm. Chili sounds good.
And there is a huge issue with the major highways being cleared. The parent company, which is in the UK has filed for bankrupsy and I don't think that the workers here are still with the company any longer. So those major highways, which is where you see the trucks hauling goods for the grocery stores, as well as regular people driving them, they won't be cleared, so they will be dangerous to drive on. I hate to hear of accidents.
@Juliaacv That's bad. I hope they can get cleared. Our plows have been out constantly clearing the roads.
Gimme! Lol. It started light snowing earlier today but didnt do nothing.
Hey if I could transport you and your Mom up here to enjoy it you know that I would!
@Juliaacv aw! Wish.
@redurnet (1392)
I always think of Canada as being snowy even though I've visited and know that it really isn't, lol! In the UK we are getting snow storms this week across the whole country.
Its been a very snowy winter this year in our area of Ontario.
We have flurries and I'm hoping it doesn't amount to anything. Usually I'm wrong
Its still snowing here, but its mild so its a heavy snow. I hope that the temperature doesn't drop and the winds pick up, that would make a mess of things.
I said exactly the same thing when I got up this morning " Not again"
Yes rain tomorrow.
But didn't you want to trade me?