What will make you get a job done faster than anything?

I am not sure I mentioned this here or just in the blog but I am cleaning out carport/shed. I really have not used it for my car in a long time because Tony could not walk so I pulled up to the front door, close to the porch. So the carport got cluttered and nothing was organized and to tell you the truth, I would toss it all in the trash, but some of it was not mine. But now that he is able to walk so I wanted to park my car inside it so I have been cleaning it out, working a few hours a day. Till Today.............. I made sure I cleaned inside before walking the dogs and working outside because I knew I would be tired and just as I was coming inside to wash my hands, I had been playing with the dogs, I seen a car on the road going really slow. It had a light on top like the mail man, they use cars in this area and not mail trucks, so I was not concerned. Till.......... It made a U turn in the road passed my driveway and came back. I came inside and told Tony someone was coming so he went outside. They did not pull all the way up behind our cars and he walked up, checking things out. He wanted to know if we wanted any limestone work done. HUH?.............. We said "NO." He walked back to his car and eye balled everything in the carport! THIEF! The car was sort of nice, but he had it so he could change it fast, he had wax all over it, you know the old turtle wax that makes it white till you rub it off and I noticed the light was rigged and tied on the top. He backed out so I could not get a tag number. There was more than one in the car but they were sort of laying back. That is what will make you take all your stuff and hide it. I worked from 2 pm till 5 pm. I got another section of fence built and up. I got the carport cleaned and what little was left organized. Then I put my car inside. I am so tired! I had only planned to do half of what I did for the day. Damn thieves. Next project. Make the gate so I can keep them a block away. How was your day?
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
You were extremely smart to catch on what they were up to. Just from your description alone I came to the same conclusion that they were thieves casing out your place. Well, if that doesn't motivate you to get things done, I don't know what will. And to think I was going to say a nice reward from my girlfriend is enough to motivate me to get things done! lol
Whatever works!
@moffittjc (41198)
• Gainesville, Florida
@andriaperry Some things motivate me more than others, if you know what I mean! lol
Time to get outside cameras! Especially when you live in a rural area. I live with neighbors so close that we see everything about each other. My retired neighbor next door can tell you the comings and goings about everyone on the block. I guess there are benefits, though. It wouldn't be easy to break in and try to steal anything big out of here without the neighbors seeing. Even a strange car parked in front of my house draws attention.
I do have cameras up, and no trespassing signs and beware of the dog signs.
@andriaperry You should change the signs to "be aware of dogs" Apparently "Beware" implies that they are dangerous. Look it up.
@NJChicaa I bought these signs at walmart.
Good grief! He was so blatant about canvassing your possessions. Good for you for making sure he has nothing to steal.
Seems more and more people are stealing .
@andriaperry Stealing makes me very angry. How dare someone steal from people who worked for their possessions? Or from people who have less than they do?
@Angela150 (958)
• London, England
I think it is more important that the job is done accurately.
It was but I had a thief motivate me to do it.
• London, England
@andriaperry aww I see!
Oh you have earned a rest. I cleaned one shelf and got rid of one thing. Pretty relaxing day here.
Its always good to relax.
@andriaperry especially after working hard!
@rakski (8739)
good eyes you have there.
I could read him like a bad book.
Pretty good day here for the most part.
That is good to hear.
I'm glad you got it taken care of, and recognized them for the thieves they are. I hope you get the fence done soon and the gate.
I got that area done and the fence up for 16 feet of the 20.
@andriaperry That's great!
@KristenH (23313)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Not too bad and a bit too cold to go out. Sounds like you've worked a lot today.
I did and I did not want to but feel I had to. Its warmer here.
@KristenH (23313)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@andriaperry way to go!
@Srbageldog (8240)
Ugh, I hate thieves! Glad you got your carport cleaned so they had nothing to steal. My day was okay. I read a bit and have just been trying to take it easy as I'm still not feeling too well.
Rest and drink a lot of fluids.
Gosh. It's lucky you were home and at least you now have things much more secure. They'll be disappointed thieves if they come back.
Yes they will because there is no stuff out and a car there now, when I leave Tony will pull his truck inside.
Unless I'm inspired, but it doesn't last long, there are days were I actually getting lazy as the day comes.
I want to be lazy every day but......
I would think the same way. They were scouting the area to come back later.
I live in the woods, people dont just show up!
Have you see them before? I keep on eye to see if they come back again?
No I havnt. But I am sure he seen the cameras but not the dogs, the dogs did not bark because I was out there.
@andriaperry andria, good that you have cameras and hope that that keeps them from coming back again. Where I used to live it was a deadend street and people would walk down it looking around and I wondered if they were checking out places to rob.
@aureliah (13943)
I hope you get the fence and the gate done soon.
The fence is almost done, the gate will be so they cannot come onto my property at all.
@aureliah (13943)
@andriaperry Thats great.
@1creekgirl (9898)
Wow, that was scary. Glad you got all that done. Be careful.
I am not scared of them, I got back up besides 911
I think that is part of why IL requires both a front and rear plate, to make identification of cars easier. Sure sounds like they were up to no good.
That is what we need to, front and back.
Definitively thieves. We had a similar experience years ago. Scary.
When I live in town you would see thieves riding around looking in peoples yards.
@Ithink (10715)
Guess that would get my butt moving too! Knowing winter is coming gets our butts moving in getting outside things done. Knowing that Spring is coming for gardening pushes me to get things in here done so I can be outside.
Well, my property wasn't cased by thieves, so it was a good day.