Hypertension

@rakski (23370)
We all know Hypertension or commonly known as High Blood Pressure. It is a condition wherein the pressure of the blood pumped in our heart is higher than it should be. Because of the double amount of force or pressure, the heart can be strained and damage the arteries. The normal blood pressure according to the American Heart Association is below 120/80mmHg. Hypertension often than not comes without a symptom. For some who have their regular check up with their doctor would know if they have hypertension already and in this way the doctor can address or control the disease by giving medicines. For those who have family history of hypertension, most likely to have one along the way. And for those who think that they do not have it, because they have no family history and most of the time have normal blood pressure, well there is nothing to lose if you will have a regular check up. Hypertension a.k.a. 'High Blood Pressure' a.k.a 'The Silent Killer'
@BabeSays (5615)
• Mauritius
I was recently told by my Eye Doctor that I had eye hypertension. I use my eyes drop to control it.
@rakski (23370)
oh yes, that is true. there is such a thing. If you will not control it, there is a tendency that the arteries in your eyes and can rupture that will bring blood/redness on the white of your eyes. You should control it.
@BabeSays (5615)
• Mauritius
@rakski Wow that sounds just like a doctor. Thanks. I'll make sure not to miss my eye drop.
@rakski (23370)
@BabeSays I used to work in the administration of a hospital. I've talked to a lot of doctors and of course patients especially colleagues.
@kakah87 (403)
• Semarang, Indonesia
I have family history of hypertension, I worry about it. But when I check up, the doctor say that my blood is normal.
@rakski (23370)
@kakah87 good for you! Regular check ups, exercise and healthy lifestyle will help not having it.
@kakah87 (403)
• Semarang, Indonesia
@rakski I will try do that since the hypertension come when grow old.
I've had to deal with high blood pressure lately, but I have it back under control.
@rakski (23370)
that is good to hear @just4him It is really important that it is under control
@rakski Yes, it is.
@AkoPinay (10094)
I believe Garlic or Chili could help
It can be modified, my friend. I do think it can lead to brain or heart attack. Thus, we need to modify our lifestyle.
@rakski (23370)
Yes, that is very true. Hypertension can cause heart attack and brain attack as well. But through lifestyle change, it can be altered.
@rakski Keep fit, my friend.
My dad has high blood pressure. My sister got it about two years ago while pregnant with her 4th child. It isn't going away abd was really hard to control in the beginning they feared she would have a stroke. She has to take medicine for it for the rest of her life now.
@rakski (23370)
that is sad to hear. Sometimes we also have gestational diabetes and gestational hypertension. And yes, she do need to take medicine and probably modify her activities.
Both my parents' descendants had hypertension. My mom had hypertension. I don't believe I will acquire it though. I read a Christian book long time ago that genetic disease is actually a curse. And God will never allow a disease to be inherited. I have faith in what I believe in. Plus I take care of my health as God gave me this body and it's my responsibility to treasure it.
@rakski (23370)
In Science, they say that if both sides of your parents has it, most likely you will not have it. But it is better to be sure to have a regular check not only for hypertension but for overall wellness. And I certainly agree with you that if you take care of your body and health because it is also the temple of the holy spirit and that we should really take good care of it.
We bought the very simple instrument to measure Blood Pressure. Both my husband and I have low Blood Pressure, better a little low than high.
@rakski (23370)
that is great that you have the tool to measure your BP @LadyDuck. What do you mean a little low than high? Is it normal or lower than normal?
@rakski It is a bit lower than normal I am around 110/70.
@rakski (23370)
@LadyDuck 110/70 is just normal. That is great for you and your husband.
@miketagz (8716)
Hypertension is a big threat. Needs to maintain good health, exercise and regular check-ups. Prevention is better than cure. That's what the doctor says.
@rakski (23370)
I agree with you there @miketagz Prevention is better than cure.
Very good advice for those who are not sure if they have hypertension.
@AkoPinay (10094)
My blood pressure is normal because I love to eat chili. Pork once in a blue moon. LOL