Good Morning!

Good Monday morning everyone! I'm just getting ready for work. Mondays are a busy and long day I start at 8 and don't finish until 6, so long. But its all downhill after that, and the rest of the week usually finishes pretty easily. We face timed with our son yesterday. He is planning his pending move and asked us for some advise. The quotes that they got from movers were twice as high as they should have been-he did just move a year ago, and both companies couldn't make their original appointment. He is afraid that if he books one or the other they won't be able to make it on moving day and he doesn't want to deal with that frustration. My husband suggested that he could get a big truck from work and all they would need to do is load it themselves and fill the tank with diesel. Hopefully that happens. I have to ask for a couple of days off in early March as he has asked me to be at the house for the locksmith and another contractor. I need to get myself in gear and to work. Have a wonderful day today!!
Scar sez it is cold this morning (and he's right, 6 F/ -14 C right now) so he's warming up on the amp.
I don't blame him, it was brutally cold here this morning. I am the second person to arrive at work on Mondays. Our yard ape gets there first and moves the car that blocks the driveway so people cannot drive onto the lot when we're closed and he opens the office. When I walked into the office I thought something was wrong. After I tried to log into my computer and the mouse was cold I went and checked the temperature. The furnace was shut off and the indoor temp was 44F. Yikes, it was so cold. I actually came home on my lunch to put warmer clothes on. There are labour laws protecting workers and they cannot make us work in less then 65F temperature.
I hate moving but I am sure you will be organized and not like the tenant that is moving from my rental now. Have a good day!
Its not us, its our son, and he and his wife will probably be last minute and not very organized.
We moved our belongings the first time we moved from an apartment to another in Italy. It was a very hard work and we needed anyway the help of a professional for the furniture.
This is actually his 3rd move. He moved to his last home, and then a year ago to another city and now this move to his second home. He leased for a year.
@Juliaacv It is tiring to move so many times. We had 4 moves in our two first years of marriage in Italy.
@LadyDuck Yes, and they will have resided in 3 different cities over the course of just 1 year. Hopefully they will be able to stay in this next house for a while, although they haven't said if they would ever turn down a transfer if it moved them closer to us and the rest of their family.
I hope the day goes by good but fast for you. And hope they figure it out.
Thanks, it was a long day. Someone shut the furnace off on Saturday so the inside temperature was only 44F when I got there this morning. And of course nobody would fess up to shutting it off.
@Juliaacv oh brother! Smh
@Courtlynn I was cold all day long and when I got home I made and we ate supper and I did a tiny bit here on the site and then I was so exhausted that I headed to bed. I finally warmed up while I was sleeping.
I do hope he can use a truck from work. Such a money-save and far less frustrating.
It will be less frustrating for sure, and he can call the shots himself instead of having to be bound to a contract.
@cintol (7861)
We moved our things in a POD but we moved out of state, it was expensive and we rented a truck and drove that for the remainder of our things. Hope he gets to borrow a truck from work, that would be a great deal cheaper just putting gas in it.
When we moved a year ago we used a pod also. It was the best scenario for us at the time because we needed to load it over the course of a couple of weekends, so it sat in our driveway, as an eyesore, but we had the luxury of taking our time filling it.
@cintol (7861)
Ours sat in our driveway for about a month too while we loaded it and then sat in storage for over a month waiting on our move then we had a week to unload when we got here. Very convenient doing it that way
@cintol Yes, ours was held for us at the yard in the town close to where we used to live. Having it hauled to our new home was the expensive part. And then we hired professional movers to empty it for us.
Hope all goes well with your sons move. Professional movers do charge high prices so it would be nice if they could do it themselves.
It wasn't so much the high price but the lack of commitment that bothered him. Like he told us, if they cannot arrive on time on the day that they make the appointment for the estimate, then moving day is bound to be a disaster, and at his expense. So, my husband can use the company truck, and he'll need to drive it since its a stick and can be tricky to drive, and our son and his brother in law, will do the lifting. I'll hold the door open and order pizza for the crew!
@Juliaacv sounds like a plan
Have a good day at work, and I hope your son is able to get the truck from work to do the move. It will save a lot of money.
My husband will be the one getting the truck, and using it for our son.
@Juliaacv That's good.
@Blondie2222 (22588)
Well I hope you survived your Monday that is most definitely a long shift. I have done alot of 10 hour shifts in my day so I know how it is. Hope your son can get a truck from work and do it themselves instead of paying an arm and a leg for a mover company to come help. Good luck to him.
I hate those long days. but is over now, as is Tuesday.
@Blondie2222 (22588)
@Juliaacv That's good. I think this week is flying by fast
Moving yourself is okay if there isn't too much heavy furniture. I hope they'll be careful not to injure their backs if they decide to do it themselves.
No, my husband has decided that he'll try to provide the truck, and our son and his equally young brother-in-law can do the lifting.
@Juliaacv That sounds like a plan!
This is exciting news that the move is close at hand. We have always moved ourselves.
His last move, which was quite a far one, they hired professionals for. His first move, from his rental to his first home, he did with his friends. This one will be family moving him.
@PainsOnSlate (20579)
We moved our own stuff for years, because we moved often we didn't have a lot of stuff. When we moved to Canada hubs business paid for a mover, it was awesome to have someone do it for you.
Good morning to you as well! Do enjoy your day.
Thanks, you as well!
Have an easy work day.
Thanks John. It wasn't too bad, but it was cold. Someone shut off the furnace and the temperature was registering at 44F when I got there this morning. I turned the furnace on and was cold all day long.